2 Notes Le Bass - good news, bad news...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Charlzm, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Charlzm

Charlzm Guest

Mar 25, 2011
    I need more time with the 2 Notes that I just received a week ago. But I have an issue...

There are four modes on this preamp.
    • A channel - mostly clean with a touch of tube breakup if gain is dimed. Bass and treble tone controls.
    • B channel - more gain on tap, up to and including fuzz. Also, a sweepable mids control
    • Hot Fusion - Uses B channel on top of A channel for mammoth distortion possibilities
    • Cold Fusion - Blend mode between A and B, selected by a dial
    Okay, so I got a sound I like on A mode (which I would use for songs with cleaner tones). I would never want to use B mode alone, but I set it to some pretty high gain and then used the cold fusion mode to try to dial some aggression into the tamer A channel sound.

The issue: I set the volume even between A channel and B channel, but when I blend, the signal seems to stack and is hotter than either solo channel unless the blend is exactly 50/50. Also, the blend control knob seems to work backwards: if I turn it towards the A channel side of the pedal, I get more of the B channel and vice versa.

As I mentioned, I'm going to spend a little more time with it, but if I can't figure out a way to set this thing up for my needs, it will go back. A shame, since it has so much potential.

2. Charlzm

Charlzm Guest

Mar 25, 2011
    Update - with a great deal of tweaking, I finally got an A channel and Cold Fusion sound that I like and that are equivalent volume. This means that I can never use B Channel or Hot Fusion without first making tweaks.

I guess it does what I need, but not very elegantly, I'm afraid.

pisces_bass and javi_bassist like this.
  3. matt11

matt11

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    I have similar challenges with the LeBass, which I use on some ampless gigs. I don’t use the overdrive channel on its own ever. But I do actually really like some of the blended hot fusion tones. Switching is always tricky though, so I mostly use the clean channel, an outboard overdrive (Solidgoldfx Beta Deluxe), and run the whole thing into an Omnicab SIM Deluxe (I don’t really like the LeBass cab SIM either). I do love the richness of the clean tone though, and the DI is excellent.

Charlzm likes this.
  4. Charlzm

Charlzm Guest

Mar 25, 2011
    What I really want is so simple - a two-channel distortion with a blend function. I want a real tube and the ability to blend the two channels with no volume weirdness.

This pedal is almost it.

Loring likes this.