Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 of my cats are missing..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Aug 28, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sorry if you consider this to be OT junk but it does contain some valuable points,.

Anyway, I havnt seen 2 of my cats in about 3 weeks now, one of which, 7 years old aka Jimmy-D, would usually go off and return every other day for food and a warm bed.

However, the other, 8 years old aka Winston, never left the house other than for toilet issues, even then it was on my back lawn. It's really unusual for this cat to go a full night outside,never mind 3 weeks (we're thinking the worst).

Onto the next point, since these 2 have vanished, one of my other cats, 7year old aka Shaun, has altered dramatically; he used to be in every otehr day, feeding once every visit. Now,he bums around the kichen expecting to be fed 4 or 5 times daily. Hes also become mega lazy and unhygenic.

'Why would it worry abotu the other cats' you ask... Winston was his momma, and Jimmy-D was its sis'.

:meh: I hope they come back, anyone else dealt with a missing cat?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Damn.
    Poor cats.
    I hope they will come back.
    What ever happened to your scorpion finally ?

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    No sign of any of the cats yet, I'm going to ring the vet and local kennel tomorow when they're open, see if they have any news.

PS- The scorpion perished after a few more days of looking after it. IT did seme to be on the mend then just burnt out :'O9

I still have its' corpse in an airtight pot though, kind of like an ornament. Talking of which, I still have a 6 inch (body span exc' tail) imperial scorpion corpse preserved that my dad got me when I was 8.

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    We've lost a few cats here and there.
    Kinda wierd. Our cats are outdoor cats, but they come in the house and lounge.
    A couple of years ago we had a Siamese cat, never strayed from the yard. One day it was just gone.
    And the samething happened to another one of our cats about a year earlier.

I feel for ya.
    I hope everything turns out ok.
    I always had the feeling there was someone in the neighborhood which didn't like cats.

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Sorry to hear that man.....It's like losing a kid.

My cat owns all of the properties' of our neighbors across the street and next to us, (at least he thinks so) so it's not uncommon for him to wander away for a while. Still, it gives me a scare if I haven't seen him in in a while, and then when he doesn't race in the door when I make myself a tuna sandwich....

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    +

= :confused:

Have you called them earlier and I'm just reading that you are waiting 3 weeks to inquire?

My cat's DO NOT leave the house without a harness and lead (don't ask, the Mrs's likes to drag them around the yard :rolleyes: ).

I'd have flyers, classified ads, etc out in force.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :rolleyes: you mean "sprays and marks" right? I love cats... but when neighbor cats come pissing on my stuff, it AIN'T cool :mad:

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah, sorry for being vague back there.

My mums gone out and bought our 2 remaining cats a collar each. They look pretty killer, especically the pink one with a bell for our large black long haired male cat (persian cat). I'll get a photo tomorow as my bro got a new digi-cam today.

I have a twisted feeling taht *someone* may have it as thier cat got shot and died as a result. They beleived at one pouint th\t it was I who shot it (I have an airsoft gun, well have one somehwere, havnt seen it in a few years, not since my tooth wasshot off [see 'shoonts' 'I was shot' thread]).

9. I live in a more rural area and we occasionally get coyotes so it’s not too unusual for a cat to come up missing, although until recently it hasn’t happened to me in quite sometime.

A couple months ago I had a cat that suddenly started to look real sickly. I brought it to the vet and he couldn’t find anything wrong with it, other than it was dehydrated. So he put the cat on an IV for the day and it bounced back pretty good. About a month later, though, it suddenly started to tear it’s own fir out. It was looking pretty bad with these clumps of fir missing. Anyway, it was around that time that the cat turned up missing. I’ve searched my property and our neighbors for any remains but have found nothing. I’m pretty sure it couldn’t hide nearly as well with these bright spots of skin and a coyote snagged it. The last cat that I had this happen to had white fir- not good for hiding in the night.

10. I wouldn't let my cats out anymore, if I were you. Obviously they've built the habit, so it's gotta be tough. But if I ever get a kitten, I'm training it to stay indoors. My friend used to let his cat out. Got hit by a car. His new one stays indoors, or they walk him with a leash. My other friend always let his cat out until neighbours complained about him. The cat was used to staying out so they had to let him go somewhere far away from their house. It's pretty sad. Sorry about your cats, hopefully they'll turn up.

11. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    heheh, well, it's more like just rolling around on other peoples' doorsteps and walking around on every inch of th neighbors' property as if he owns the world. :p

we have dogs living all around us too, and another cat just came in from a family that moved in across the street. Our cat still thinks he owns it all, regardless of what cat moved in where.