Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 ohm Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, May 15, 2005.

1. Can anyone reccomend me any 2 ohm cabs? I cant seem to find a 2 ohm cab anywhere preferably a 4X10 2 ohm cab

Thanks for all help

2. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    personally i dont know any 2 ohm cabinets models. If there are, they are probably really high end or custom made.

3. buy two 4ohm cabs.

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Can your amp handle a 2 ohm load? Just wondering. Not a lot of amps can. Yeah, get 2, 4 ohm cabs and parallel them! I can't think of anybody who makes a 2 ohm cab

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you want a 2 ohm cab because you think it will be louder than a 4 ohm or 8 ohm cab. It won't. But it you must have one just buy an 8 ohm 4x10 and rewire it to 2 ohms by putting the drivers all in parallel.

6. +1

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Actually Dave at Avatar told me he could do either a 410 Neo or 410 Pro in 2 ohm configuration for no extra charge.

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Errr why? That's limiting you alot there.. And meaning you can only run your amp in 2ohms full time, I hope you have an amp that can handle it.

9. I haven't heard of any 2 ohm cabs, but If you were looking for a 4x10, then just get two 2x10 4ohm cabs, that should get full power from your amp if it is capable of running at 2 ohms - otherwise you will fry it...

10. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    ALL 8 ohm 4x10 cabs can be easily converted to run at 2 ohms just by wiring them in parallel, as previously mentioned. No replacement parts needed.

Most 4x10's already contain 8 ohm speakers, wired in a series/parallel combination for an 8 ohm total rating. Once the cab is open, it takes two minutes to reconfig the wiring to all parallel and thus 2 ohms.

And, if you later decide you want to add another cab, just open it back up and arrange the wiring to the original 8 ohm configuration. Its easy!