Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Pickup G&L L1505

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JOME77, Feb 3, 2004.

1. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Well I'm no longer frustrated with the limited sounds I can get out of my G&L L1505. Just $90 and a few modifications later and I converted my L1505 to a version of the L2500. I'm really happy with the pallet of sounds now available. I really regreted not getting the L2500 but now I have IMO the best of both worlds. The great sound of the L1505 Bridge P/U (Slightly more forward than the bridge P/U on the L2500) and the additional neck P/U (slightly more forward than the L2500 neck P/U). Great Musicman and P-bass sounds! If anyone's interested in converting their L1505 let me know. I made an easy to use routing template and can provide sketches for the wiring modifications required. Here's a picture of the finished product.

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Very nice work! IMO, like you said I agree you got the better deal, with the bridge pup in the sweetspot. How did you find another G&L pup?

I've already talked about making a double bucker out of my Modulus Flea, if I can find another Lane poor at a decent deal.

PS, 2,000th post, w00t

3. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Tim,
    Thanks! I called G&L and they sold me the L2500 neck P/U. The neck P/U's are not wound quite as hot as the bridge P/U's. I also bought the 4P2T series/parallel sw. The G&L P/U's are quite hot when wired parallel! Take your time making the routing jig. Prep is definetly the critical factor. It took 1 1/2 hours to make the routing jig and 2 minutes to route the hole. If you can find a P/U with a trim ring, it definetly removes some of the risks. I suspect your Flea bass would really sound great with the added sounds available from 2 P/U's. :bassist:

4. Nice craftsmenship, enjoy ^^

5. Looks like you did an awsome job, looks completely natural with the bass. Sound clips would be sick if you could.

6. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've been wanting to learn how to create PC sound clips so I guess that this is a good opportunity to do so. I'll post them as soon as I'm able to create them. I did play the bass at a gig tonight (for the first time) and it really sounded great! Not as warm as the Roscoes but that classic L-2000E sound that I remembered from days gone by was definetly there! Many more useful tones with the additional neck P/U! :hyper: