2 pickup StingRay 4 and StingRay 5 pics!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Jul 19, 2005.

1. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Me too.

SC/HB + piezo fretless sterling for me. Have to figure out how I'm going to get that past my better half :)
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I like that dual pup SR5 myself, but it will be out of my price range, I'm sure. New, that bass will probably be in $1,600-1,900 range in terms of street price. The list price will probably be around $2,500, considering that my SR5 with the natural finish, maple fretboard, and tortoise shell pickguard listed for $2,085.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Good news! The folks at the Ernie Ball forum told me the base price on the two pup SR5 will be be $1985. That's with no finish upgrades or piezos, etc. Hey, I just may get one of these! I'm guessing street prices will be around $1,300. That's rich for my blood, but do able.
  4. One more good thing. The price.

The dual p/u StingRay and Sterling have a retail price of only $100 more than their single p/u brothers, and the StingRay 5 dual p/u is $125 more than its single p/u brother (retail).
  5. That was wrong. He corrected that the 2 p/u StingRay 5 retail will be $2010.

H/SC StingRay 5 pics are now up!!
  6. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    One more thing: The New models will NOT be avalible with a piezo pickup.

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Hey, it was only $25 off! Seriously $2010 list means prices in the $1,300-1,500 range. That about like a Skyline 55-02 deluxe. Considering EBMM quality, this is as good as it gets to me.
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    This with a black pickguard:

Awwwww yeah!

How much will this cost? What would differ this from a bongo?
  9. I want to play one NOW!!! Im getting stomach cramps from this GAS.
  10. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i have the money ready,am waiting for those basses come oue,if i not have new bass yet is because am waiting for this newest model of Ernie Ball,the money is ready. :cool: next week i go to test some basses am i expect they stay in the shop for mi ride. :hyper:
  11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Hopefully this will lead to a BOOM in the used market of the original Ray and Sterlings as well as possibly a price decrease, if this is so there is certainly a Sterling in my future :p
  12. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yeah,nice feeling for the bassist,new HH StingRay and new Sterling a very clereance cheap price.....nice and sweet :D
  13. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I wonder how a Sterling will work. On that Stringray there's a pickup selector, but the Sterling already has a 3 way switch for the single pickup. I'm quite curious.
  14. I'll stick to my ole' single pickup Sterling.
  15. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    maybe because you are a thunder slap guy :p
  16. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Don't know about the cost but I have some idea of the differences. First, the SR only has 3 band EQ, not 4 band like the Bongo. Also, the Bongo has a pickup blend where the new dual Stingray/Sterling models use a 5 position switch that works like so:

1) All neck pickup, no bridge
    2) More neck pickup than bridge
    3) 50/50 pickup split
    4) More bridge than neck
    5) All bridge no neck
  17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    You can thank Dude for that.:scowl: