1. Registering a free account will remove most ads, the sidebar, and allow full reading access.

2-piece bridges?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by AlexK, Nov 10, 2001.

  1. AlexK

    AlexK Guest

    Apr 10, 2001
    Do any of you guys know of any companies that sell 2-piece bridges?
  2. What do you mean by 2 piece? There are bridges that are parts mounted to a single chassis and there are bridges that have individually mounted tailpieces 1 per string. There are bridges with 2 or 3 adjustments but it's hard to tell what you mean by 2 piece.
  3. AlexK

    AlexK Guest

    Apr 10, 2001
    Sorry.... I meant the type of bridge that they use on Warwicks. I can't really describe it.
  4. air_leech


    Sep 1, 2000
    I think the Warwick bridge qualifies as a stop tailpiece bridge, can anyone verify if thats terminologicly right?

    anyway, do you need a replacement bridge for a Warwick or you have another bass with a 2 piece bridge (Alembic for instance) that needs replacing or you're building a bass and want to know where to buy a 2 piece bridge for it?

    sorry for putting you through questioning, you just didn't specify your needs and you didn't fill your profile (go ahead and fill it, RIGHT NOW!).
  5. notduane


    Nov 24, 2000
    A matter of semantics, I guess. Jerzy Drozd calls`em "two piece"...


  6. AlexK

    AlexK Guest

    Apr 10, 2001

    I'm just curious