2 Questions about Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Blue, Sep 29, 2000.

1. Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue

Sep 29, 2000
    I`ve had a Hartke 3500 with 410XL for about 2 years now and am very pleased with it`s fat punchy sound but my half deaf keyboardist want`s more bass ( I think he should have headphone monitors) so I bought a used Hartke 115 XL. I had it sent up yesterday. The guy I bought it from say`s it`s 3 years old. The cab is rated at 180 watts ser# 24I5, the latest models say 200 watts(The cab punches real nice, I just wanted to know if it`s older than 3).
    Question # 2 ; should I plug in each cab (410 & 115) into the 2 8ohm inputs on the top, or should I plug one in the top and the other into the paralell input on the first cab? Would that make 4 ohms? Help Appreciated
  2. I can answer the second question.. you should plug the 2 cab into the two 8 ohm sockets resulting in the 4 ohms (350watts)

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It'd still be four ohms if you daisy-chain 'em. It doesn't make any difference.
  4. an easy way to find out it's age would be to email Hartke directly. They can give you the best and most accurate answer.