2 questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by undertow, Dec 27, 2002.

1. undertow

Nov 30, 2002
    1. im just a begininer and i play the bass like i would with a pick but without a pick. is there anything wrong with that because thats the only way it feels comfortarable\

2.does anyone have a cort action bass. if so could you tell me which dials are which
  2. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    I don't think there is a definite right or wrong technique. It's an individual thing. I mean what if someone had told Victor not to double thump or larry Graham not to slap. Now that I have said that, I will tell you that as a musician the more techniques you are capable of the more interesting you will sound and the more valuable you become.

Do what you have to for now but start working on regular fingerstyle and other techniques as well. As you practice other techniques they will become more comfortable over time.
  3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    There's nothing wrong with whatever style that works for you. I would start practicing two finger alternating style though and then move on to three fingers especially if you want to get into faster playing stuff. I wish I would have started playing with three fingers a long time ago.