2 quick SVT 8x10 questions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jenderfazz, May 31, 2005.

1. Contemplating buying an Ampeg SVT 810 and had a couple of questions...

1. Can an Ampeg V-4BH be used with it? I've seen old 70s V-4B's used with 2 8x10s (!), but I've heard things about underpowering cabs and wanted some confirmation.

2. Can the 8x10 fit into a 93 Chevy Cavalier? Haha, weird question, I know. Just wondering if it'll fit into the backseat, maybe. How about most 4 door cars? What if the car has a folding back seat allowing it to rest lengthwise through the backseat and trunk?

Thanks in advance.
  2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    You can definitely use a V-4B with one or two 810 cabs. Forget all the things you heard about underpowering cabs too. ;) Not sure if it will fit in your car though. Dont know if this will sway you at all but a comparable cab is the Berg NV 610 which fits with ease in the backseat of my 4 door WRX sedan!! And I can load it myself... :D
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you have to ask regarding your car, then perhaps two 4x10's are better suited for you . . . .
  4. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    For comparison:
    My Ampeg 8x10 fit in the back of my guitarists 1997 Chevy Lumina (4 door)...just barely! I kinda doubt it'l fit in the back of your Cavalier, as Luminas are a tad wider.
    As far as the underpower thing goes, don't sweat it! I used an Ampeg B-2R (only 350 watts @ 4 ohms) to push my 810, and never had a hiccup.
  5. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I fit my SVT in the back of a mazda once, that blew my mind. I have a new respect for hatchbacks now.
  6. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    I regularly gig with a 70s Ampeg V4 through an 8x10 and it sounds great. Of course it doesn't have the clean headroom that my 1400w Ampeg/QSC rack setup affords, but the growl I get when I push the V4 is worth it. :cool:

As for fitting it in a cavalier back seat, I kinda doubt it. Although it does fit nicely in the back of my Volkswagen Golf GTI with the rear seats folded down.