2 Random Google Videos

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ahmrik, Dec 22, 2005.

1. OMG that kid is painful to listen to. I just want to punch him in the face and scream "STOP DESTROYING OUR INSTRUMENT!" :mad:

I don't think anyone would play with their thumb instead of their fingers. He's just playing with his thumb because he suck and/or doesn't know how to play with his fingers.

OMG I hate that kid

Venting..............done :D
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Eh, he's just a kid starting out. I think his mom's running the camera. It's cool. My fave is:
    "James bass solo"
    "bassist: James".
  3. i thought it was funny...
    James' Bass solo (song written by tim commerford) :)
  4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Nothing wrong with the kid. He's young. We all sounded that inexperienced at some point. Lots of people play with their thumb even when not popping and slapping. Not so much anymore, but a lot of older blues guys did it. Give that kid some time... if he keeps at it, I bet he turns out pretty good.
  5. jetsetvet

jetsetvet Banned

Mar 24, 2005
    When I was 12 I was taking piano lessons and trying to play classical music. I would have rather had my Mom get me a Mustang bass. I didn't pick up a bass until I was in my late 20's, and soon realized I should have done so about 10 years sooner. Lucky kid.
  6. Ya that's true, we all sounded like that back in the day. I guess I was annoyed that he had to post a video of his terrible playing online. Keep it to yourself.........and your mom :D

Was that really by tim commerford?
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That sheehan solo is freakin crazy.

That one kid isn't bad. he's got a better start than I had.
  8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That was "Take The Power Back" by Rage Against The Machine, for whom Tim Commerford plays bass.
  9. lol, 11 year olds listening to Rage
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The kids not bad, wonder how long he's been playin. Doesn't quite have the feel down yet... Once you get that, I find everything else goes so much easier.`
  11. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I've seen both before worryingly. The Sheehan one is great, he's an amazing bassist but I think sometimes he takes it too far and it just becomes mindless widdling at the expense of musical value.
  12. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Yea that Sheehan vid is nuts.. that is has a lot of promise, but it seems like he's just playing notes and not the groove. I don't mean to take anything away from him! For his age I think it's great!!! plus I love the bass ;) .. but he needs to get into the groove rather then play what his teacher told him to.
  13. Larry Graham only plays with his thumb, even when he doesnt slap, nothing wrong with that.