Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Shure SM58's. Used.....

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by 513rocks.com, Feb 5, 2006.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have 2 shure sm58 mics i am trying to get rid of. they are used but in good shape except the windscreens are dented. if you got a new windsreen, they would look brand new. these things last forever and are still one of the best live mics out there. ill send you pics if you want, just give me an email adress. i will sell them for 45.00 each shipped or both for 85.00 shipped and if you get both i will include the shure mic pouch. im only selling because i need a beta 58. the band wants to use the same mics on all vocals (soundguy idea). so i will trade both for a beta 58, 2 for one style. let me know kinda soon, i have to have the beta by march so im sending them to the bay in a couple days if you guys dont want them.
    thanx mark

2. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    On a sidenote here, your soundguy sucks. He aught to let you use whatever mic you want. I have my preference, and my lead singer has his preference. :-\

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So how'd the screens get dented?

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I agree. If he *requires* you to use a certain mic, *he* should provide it!

Think about DIs. I own a DI that I like. If a soundguy wants me to use a different one, he has to provide it.

5. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Most soundguys around here whine like little babies when you use a Beta 58. They're too freakin stupid to realize "hey, a beta has more gain! I guess that means the setting i always use on the channel trim won't work out for this mic!"

The moral of the story is that if the screens weren't dented we'd take you up on your offer. The beta we have is in pristine condition.

6. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    dancing drunk people knocking over my micstand. ive never bought a mic that didnt take the "drunkin' tumble" the first or second gig. i might check ebay and see if i cant find new windscreens. but mine arent super dented up. i fixxed the the best i could. i might post pics later.

7. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    would you be interested in selling it?

8. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    No, but thanks for asking.

Plus, I'm not a "supporting member," so if I did sell it to you I'd be breaking the rules!

9. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Pics?

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've taken dents out by using the end of a broomstick to push them out from the inside. Works great.

11. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM sent

12. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    pms replyed.

13. illidian

illidian