1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 song audition

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Aug 12, 2007.

1. I have an audition next week for a currently working cover band. 4 piece, male led vocals, good following. And with weekly residencies in 2 venues. Plus they don't rehearse unless working on set list additions. Woohoo! But the plan is to only run through 2 songs off their set list, so I'm presuming competition will be fierce :eek:

So far I plan on being on time and neat and trim like I would a gig, set up and leave super fast and make sure I nail the heck out of the 2 songs. I presume 1 mistake and it's over.

Any other pointers on nailing a 2 song audition??

Cheers,

2. bugnut

bugnut

Jul 31, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Don't worry about making a mistake. It's not THAT important. Don't give ANY excuses. Go in with the mindset that you are auditioning them as much as vice-versa. Learn some background vocals. There will probably be at least a couple people who can cut the gig so how you get along with them is important. If they are having a beer make sure to have one with them. If they are doing a bunch of cocaine or something you'll have to decide whether you want to be a part of it. If they are doing blow and you do blow with them, you will probably get the gig. The point is playing is secondary. How you fit in to the band culture is more important which is why I say go in with the mindset that you are also auditioning them.