1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2 Spirocore Weich Old Formula Sets, 1 Spiro weich/goldenspiral set (rough shape)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Sam Dingle, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Price:
    I have TWO full set of spiro weich for sale not sure the size but they have plenty of life left. These were in a pile of strings I bought. Legend has it that Thomastik changed the formula of spirocores and some people like the older style better. Thats what my teacher tells me. $125 Each. $205 for both

I have an old formula Spiro weich E and A for $55. With that sale I will throw in a Golden Spiral D and G**.

**I bought a pair of golden spirals on here recently. They were in not good shape so the seller refunded my payment but sent them anyway. Little bumpy on the windings. I strung them up and they look fine but do feel rough. I don't feel right selling them alone since I got them for free, but they are just going to end up in the trash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    about when was that "cross-over"?

Id be curious to know. (I have a few old sets thru the 90-00s, wonder when the change took place. I'm guessing during the mid 00's when the packaging was updated to that new box style?) I did really like Weich ages ago then for some reason or another I moved away (hmm, wonder if that was part of the reason?)

3. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    My teacher noticed a change in the early 00 maybe late 90's. I think he had a set he kept on for a long time and a D string popped so he bought a new D and it was a "different" string.

4. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
  5. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    ah, that sounds about the same timing.

Some Vint-y goodness there... GLWTS!

6. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    ah dig it, thanks!

7. Acoop

Acoop Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Any pics?

8. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Added

9. Or you could give them to my broke ass because I’m such a great guy...

Clarkybass and Sam Dingle like this.
  10. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    If someone wants just the spiro EA then the Goldensprial's are yours for the price of shipping.

11. Ha! Thanks, but I’m surprised they’re still here.

Sam Dingle likes this.
  12. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Same! When i bought them the seller said "you sure you want them cuz I have 3 others who want them".

KUNGfuSHERIFF likes this.
  13. hey, where the golden spirals on sale VERY recently on this same forum?

add me to the list of interested parties if you're willing to sell them separately

thanks!

14. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Yep they were bought by me. You could have them for $75 and I’ll throw in the spiros for free I guess...however you wanna think about it haha. Send me an offer, I’m tryin to move everything and stop changing stuff