2 strings for the price of 4 on ebay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, May 5, 2003.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Who can resist the allure of this custom-made, one-of-a-kind, TWO string bass!

Now you, too, can play virtually any song by the Presidents of the USA, unencumbered by those pesky, extraneous, "extra" two strings!

P.S. - Volume and tone knobs sold seperately!
  2. Heh, when I first read the part that says "In pristine condition except one very tiny nick that is practically invisible.", I thought it said "one very tiny neck that is practically invisible" ... how appropriate :D

Looks nice enough I suppose, but what's the point? :confused: And are those two halves of a P pup separated into a J-type formation? Heh.
  3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    C'mon... suck it up and get a 4 string! Pansy!!

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    :bassist: :D :cool:
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I have seen a guy play a bass just like that with a Reggae band called Carlton & the Shoes. While I'm not totally into the history of Reggae, this guy's a celebrity of sorts. The bassist in this band had a 2 string fretless(!) bass shaped like an automatic rifle, laser pointer aim and all. That guy did more on 2 strings than I've heard many people do on twice that number.

I find the 1/2 P pickup setup really clever too. That is probably a well made bass.

Had I known about it, I might have bid on it. It looks like quality. for the price.
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek: as i said when there was a thread about 1-string basses (yep, one !):

"This is silly"

I wouldnt have thought someone would buy it - without the control pots!
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    no, for that you need a Gibson SG geetar - that is a bit different - as it has a bit more electronics and pots...
  8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    For only $150 I'd a bought that too! I bet I coulda worked it into the set somewhere.

I even had a SDuncan reamp laying around....
  9. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I guess they decided to make the ultmate Mark Hoppus and Fieldy Signature bass :p. But as incognito 89 x says, when does Fieldy use more than one string:p... _-soto-_