1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 strings for the price of 4 on ebay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, May 5, 2003.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Who can resist the allure of this custom-made, one-of-a-kind, TWO string bass!

Now you, too, can play virtually any song by the Presidents of the USA, unencumbered by those pesky, extraneous, "extra" two strings!

P.S. - Volume and tone knobs sold seperately!

2. Heh, when I first read the part that says "In pristine condition except one very tiny nick that is practically invisible.", I thought it said "one very tiny neck that is practically invisible" ... how appropriate :D

Looks nice enough I suppose, but what's the point? :confused: And are those two halves of a P pup separated into a J-type formation? Heh.

3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    C'mon... suck it up and get a 4 string! Pansy!!

:rolleyes:

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    :bassist: :D :cool:

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have seen a guy play a bass just like that with a Reggae band called Carlton & the Shoes. While I'm not totally into the history of Reggae, this guy's a celebrity of sorts. The bassist in this band had a 2 string fretless(!) bass shaped like an automatic rifle, laser pointer aim and all. That guy did more on 2 strings than I've heard many people do on twice that number.

I find the 1/2 P pickup setup really clever too. That is probably a well made bass.

Had I known about it, I might have bid on it. It looks like quality. for the price.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek: as i said when there was a thread about 1-string basses (yep, one !):

"This is silly"

I wouldnt have thought someone would buy it - without the control pots!

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    no, for that you need a Gibson SG geetar - that is a bit different - as it has a bit more electronics and pots...

8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    For only $150 I'd a bought that too! I bet I coulda worked it into the set somewhere.

I even had a SDuncan reamp laying around....

9. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I guess they decided to make the ultmate Mark Hoppus and Fieldy Signature bass :p. But as incognito 89 x says, when does Fieldy use more than one string:p... _-soto-_