1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

( 2 ) SX SJB-62 4+1 NECKS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by GRISSLEHEAD, Mar 31, 2009.

1. I have (2) SX SJB-62 4+1 NECKS for sale............
    THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN PLAYED ON THE BASSES , I took them off 2 New SX SJB-62 4+1 Basses when I purchased them from RondoMusic and put Maple Necks w/ Block Inlays on the basses. I put the necks in the boxes with blocked necks came in and sealed the boxes. They are mint ! You can go to rondomusic.com and see the necks on the SX SJB-62 4+1 basses.

Specs: SX SJB-62 4+1 5 string necks / trussrod adjustable maple necks with rosewood fretboards & dot inlays.
    Width of neck at nut is 1 5/8" & at the 20th fret 2 5/8"
    string space at the nut is 3/8" and 5/8" at the 20th fret.

$30.00 EACH and you pay the freight.

2. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Jeeeze . . . that's a great price on those. I'd take 'em both if I could move them.
    Are they both fretted? I'd consider one if it was fretless.

3. Both are fretted !

4. Do these fit in the standard 4 string SX bodies, or are there different 5 string bodies?

5. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    The 5-string bodies are the same overall width but obviously, if you're going to adapt this 5-string neck you can expect to have to route the pocket. And, if I'm not mistaken, from past experience, don't assume all the 5-string (or 4-string) necks to be the same. Most have differing profiles. Some are flatter in the heel than others.

The other alterations would be the pickups, bridge and pickguard.