2-Tek Bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bbob24, Oct 30, 2003.

1. bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Hi everyone, last week I picked up a Hamer Cruise bass with the 2-tek bridge. What a fantastic bass for the money. Does anyone know if this bridge is still made? I've never seen it listed as being on any other basses.

Just curious...
  2. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I don't believe they are still in business. I played a bass that was retrofitted with one; it did sound great. Almost piano-like tone. It was an all or nothing deal though, serious routing required to install it, and if you didn't like it, you had a nice hole in your bass. These guys used to rep 2-tek, don't know if they still have stock or not:

3. bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Mine is a 4 string also. It is a fantastic bass, especially for the price it can't be beat. It is a little heavy, the it's tone and sustain is worth the workout. It's just too bad that in a world where a lot of builders make a "J" bass clone this one happened to fall by the way side.
  4. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    Last I heard the rights to produce the bridge were being fought over by the former 2Tek founders. If there are any still in existence you might try Boogie Bodies.
  5. Yeah, the 2-Tek is no longer being made although rumors of its impending resurrection surface from time to time. Peavey sold a 2-Tek equipped version of the Axcelerator Bass for a while and other makers offered the 2-Tek as an option. I would not be surprised to see it available again at some point.
  6. bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    It's probably because of the "rock star" baggage that Hamer carries as a brand. Too bad, because the USA products are top of the line at outrageously low prices... [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, I bought a custom Duotone guitar last year and it's leaps and bounds better than anything else I've ever played. The there's the used market, unbelievably low prices out there on USA guitars and basses. Lucky for all of us I guess!!
  7. I've not seen 2 tek bridges for a while. Althou there was a thread about 6months back that you could get them again and have them retrofitted. Never saw anything else about them.

I too have a Hamer cruise fretless 2 tek. The bass weighs a ton, and the bridge sustains notes for days. A very good bass for the money, its just rough having to shoulder that bass for any more than a few songs.