1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 uncommon pedals - DMB Bumble and Pro Co Bass RAT Juggernaut...opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jcburn, May 26, 2011.

1. Hey all - anyone using these pedals. Very little on Youtube but what there is sounds good.
    My interest lies around clarity of the overdrive (I dont want fuzz) and retention of low end.
    I'd like to hear any opinions.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There's a lot about the Juggernaut on this forum. Short version--the only person ever to make it sound good was Larry Graham, and he had to dig through over a dozen of them before he found one that sounds good.

3. fatherjohncough

fatherjohncough Banned

Jul 5, 2010
    New York, NY
    Yeh, it's the worst reviewed Fuzz on Grygrx's Bassfuzz.com lol.

In short, Don't get that one

4. neadams

neadams

Nov 26, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    I bought the DMB Bumble a few months back just to see what it sounded like. I was on a search for a good overdrive. It sounds great, but is more of a fuzz distortion. Kind of a one trick poney if you ask me, lots a variables of the fuzz you can dial in, but still fuzz.

I ended sending it back and exchanging it for a xotic BB Preamp. I have been pretty happy with it. Kind of the same overdrive that you get when a Fulltone Bass Drive. It's more of a clean overdrive.

5. Tells me everything I want to hear. Would the BB sound much like the Trilogic? All the official reveiws say the pedal doesn't have much overdrive. I dont want heaps, but would like it to sound like this...
    YouTube - ‪faith no more - What A Day - King For A Day, Fool For A Lif‬‏
    ...which of course is an Ampeg tube amp, but hey, if a pedal can come close!

I think I have the answers here folks that I needed thankyou.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you're after emulation of an Ampeg tube amp, get a pedal that was actually designed for that purpose, instead of futzing around with fuzz pedals.

Tech21 VT Bass (or anything in their Sansamp line)
    Catalinbread SFT
    OLC Flipster
    Heck, even a digital amp modeling pedal.

7. Fair comment Bongo. I have tried the VT bass and just could quite get the amount of drive I wanted without the sound becoming too "woolly" but have no experience (or ability to try) the other pedals.
    I do have the chance to try a standard T21 BDDI for the weekend.

Just for reference the sort of tone I'm after sound like the clips on the official website for the Darkglass B3K, but that pedal is a little outside my funds. I would have a red hot crack at the mosfet Fulltone Bass Drive if I could get one in Australia. Most of the retailers have pulled it and cant find one for sale 2nd hand.

8. neadams

neadams

Nov 26, 2006
    Charlotte, NC