1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2 Vintage Jazz Basses for Sale (you decide which one I keep)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    NO TRADES PLEASE!

Once one of these sells, I'm pulling the other off of the market...

Vintage Fender Jazz Bass:
    Real, vintage 1968-1974 Fender neck (refretted recently), beat to hell (or reliced) 90's '62RI Fender (MIA) body. Body has an AMAZING grain!

Frets leveled, crowned and polished by Kevin Brubaker (yes, that Brubaker)! He also gave it a full setup.

Other odds and ends are old Leo Quann Bad-Ass II bridge, Fender Custom Shop (60's), pickups, CTS pots, etc. At the moment, she has Dunlop flush mount strap lock inserts. Very straight neck, low action, awesome tone, what's not to love? ;-)

Neck is FAST, action is low (as stated). Plays better that 9.8 out of 10 vintage jazz basses that you will put your hands on. Neck can't be exactly dated as the typical pencil written date by Fender has long worn off, but based upon feedback by TB members and my own research, it's a 68-74 neck. $1,200 (split shipping). CONUS shipping only please.

Vintage Pearl Jazz bass (probably 70's).
    Appears to have the 70's pickup spacing too (at least at a glance). I've read that these were MIJ. I also had Kevin Brubaker level, crown and polish the frets on this. He also gave it a full setup.

Had a super straight neck and LOW action! Tone to die for from the vintage DiMarzios. Body was refinished many years ago to this vintage-white that you see here (not the best job, but it looks cool). $575 (split shipping). CONUS shipping only please.

2. 1. 3. 4. 5. 6. 4. 1. 2. 5. 3.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    that pearl is purty

NigelD likes this.
  3. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Mexico, USA
    Weight of the fender?

4. Quadzilla

Guess about 8.5 or 9 lbs, but I'll have to weigh her when I get home later. She may be gone though (awaiting final word).

5. Quadzilla

The Fender is headed to Indiana. Thanks all!