1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2 warrior 4 string basses - Purpleheart or flame maple (overseas ok)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarriorJoe7, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    These 2 basses are virtually identical except the woods. They play the same but sound different.

They have the same electronics as far as I can tell. They are even the same year - 1997. They both have dual trussrods, an early feature. Early warriors are VERY desirable. Warriors became somewhat mass produced (relatively) around 2001-2002 when I saw them at the NAMM show, I noticed the quality wasn't quite where it was with these. These are either Soldier Studios, Armed soldiers, or Studios. They have alot of extra features not on just a plain soldier (fancy wood and lots of options found on the studio and signature model.)

The price is $1800 each or both for $3500. This is plus shipping to wherever you are. ($30-$50 in the US and $125-$150 overseas where I can use USPS and not exceed the size limit. Otherwise overseas for Fedex or UPS will be much more expensive.)

The only reason I am parting with these is because they have been replaced by a warrior 5 strng (yes this is one of the few brands where I like the 5 string neck.)

Cosmetically they are about 8/10 with a few wear spots here and there. Nothing deep. but the beautiful thing about warriors is that you can restore them to new yourself because they are oil finished and warrior sells the finish in a bottle... much like you could do with a warwick. You may also be able to purchase warrior care package and have them do it but I don't know the details on that.

There are soundclips of different woods on the warrior site and they are pretty damn accurate about how these would sound different.

clips...

one is flame maple over mahogany, mahogany neck with purpleheart stripe and birdseye maple fingerboard. http://www.warriorinstruments.com/music/NT_02.mp3
    http://www.warriorinstruments.com/music/NT_06.mp3

the other is purpleheart top over alder body and mahogany neck with purpleheart stripe and purpleheart fingerboard (I think.)
    http://www.warriorinstruments.com/music/NT_14.mp3

The purpleheart top and body compresses the sound more and the maple is more traditional sounding.

More pics to follow...

Joe

2. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    These are both OBO and possibly trades with some cash.

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    temporarily dropped to $1500 apiece (yeah I see something i want.) I will keep it at this price until i can't buy that anymore, which might be quick.

4. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice basses. I think "back in the day" these were actually called the Standard, there used to just be these and then the studio was the other body shape which was neck through and these were bolt on.

5. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Nice basses, I hope the selling price goes up on these for you.

6. mtnckr

mtnckr

Jun 30, 2005
    Europe
    "i wish i had the money" bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.