1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 X 210 or 2 x 15 MarkBass cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_Band, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Bass_Band

Bass_Band

Aug 2, 2012
    Hi rockers!

I have a 210HF (old model double front ported) and a 115 NY. I play those on a littlemarkIII or a Eden WT-300. The two amps gives different sound... Both amazing.

I think the mixed cabs is kinda odd... I'm trying to sell my 210HF (double front ported; sounds amazing but hard to travel with: 50lbs) and get a CMD151 (43lbs) and couple it with my NY115 (37lbs). I tend to prefer the 15' for the punch, the low-B, the size and the weight. The only thing that I dislike is the rear-porting of the 15'; is there any advantage to push air behind?

Am I doing the right thing about wanting to go 2X115? What's the up & down about 2x15 rear ported vs 2x210 front ported? I play rock/alternativ cover and gig low/middle scene with four piece (singer/ryhtm guit, lead guit, bass, drum).

Rock'n roll! :bassist:

2. It may work or you may lose the crapshoot again. Get another 115NY and you're good to go.

Front rear or side porting doesn't matter aside from needing to leave room at the rear for the port to breathe. The wavelengths passing throught the ports are so long that they couple with the woofer just fine.

What matters is the phase of the mids from different cabs being off.

3. Bass_Band

Bass_Band

Aug 2, 2012
    I bought CMD 151 and couple it with my MB NY 15'. I have a refund for my littlemarkIII. I won the crapshoot this time! Awesome sound!! The best I ever have! I was playing on fender rumble 75 1 month ago!; it's not really hard to beat. Serious; great sound quality in comparison of mixing a 15' to a 210.

The CMD and NY 15' fits well together... Two big lego pieces that fits so well. I think those two are in love! The phase of the mids is finally even... it's amazing!! I boost my low mid a little and I break the mix just a tad and passover lead guitar.

The 2 15' guy. For now. :cool:

Rock'n roll!! :bassist:

4. Now I look up the models to see the CDM is the NY combo amp, so that would indeed be sweet.