1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2 x Acme Low B-112FR

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassundergrace, May 3, 2021 at 5:54 PM.

1. bassundergrace

bassundergrace Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Price:
    United States
    IMG_7234.JPG IMG_7224.JPG IMG_7225.JPG IMG_7226.JPG IMG_7228.JPG IMG_7230.JPG IMG_7231.JPG IMG_7232.JPG IMG_7233.JPG

$550 Plus Shipping - Zip code will determine shipping price.

Up for sale is a pair of Acme Low B112 Full Range Cabs.
    These have served me well and despite a few obvious scratches have relatively little use as everything I do is all IEM these days. These lightweight cabs can definitely fill a room with bass, and are stackable. They have been kept in climate controlled storage. The cabs function great, one of them has an intermittent rattle in the grill that came from the factory, but it never bothered me enough to address it. There are some scratches see pictures for details. Neutrik / 1/4" combo jacks

You will want at least 300 @ 8ohms each ([email protected] pair parallel) or you will not really hear what they can do. I powered them with a lightweight inuke 3000 dsp power amp ([email protected] per channel ) at about 60% volume. The inuke is also available in a 4 space rack bag, message me for a bundle deal if interested.

Manufacturer Printed Specs Below
    Low B-112 Full Range:
    Model: Acme Low B-112 Series III
    Frequency response: 41Hz to 22 kHz +/-3 dB. -6 dB at 31 Hz
    Power Handling: 350 Watts RMS continuous
    Recommended Power: 300-400 watts
    Sensitivity: 91.1 dB 1 watt/1 meter Impedance: 8 ohms
    Dimensions: 23"H x 15.75"W x 16.5"D Weight: 37.5 lbs

2. triplebass92

triplebass92

Aug 25, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Some good cabs right here!

bassundergrace likes this.
  3. bassundergrace

Nov 15, 2011
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Last I talked with him it sounded like Andy was getting closer to retirement, so soon they may be really hard to find. I also think I still have the Tuki covers for them somewhere in the garage at the house. I need to look for them.

4. How would one sound paired with a b2?

5. bassundergrace

Nov 15, 2011
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I never owned one of his 2x10 bass cabs, but if ran on separate power amp channels, I would think that would be a clear, punchy, well defined topend with a very present warm low end. Both cabs parallel on the same channel would likely be at drastically different volumes. If you dropped him a line, I am sure Andy would be glad to give you a definitive answer. His understanding of speaker cabinet design, frequencies, and all that comes with it is over my head. There are so many white papers and test results that are no longer on his website, simply because it was so much data, but the guy is brilliant.

6. bassundergrace

Nov 15, 2011
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I’m old lol, 10:48pm is usually past my bedtime. I will think about splitting up the set for sure.

7. BluesBassFreak

BluesBassFreak Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2007
    WA state
    PM'd

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021