1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 X SVT410he + PF500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sublab, Jul 17, 2012.

1. As in the tittle: 2 SVT410he's paired with a PF500, anyone have it or done it? I have one 410he already, but with a Nemesis EN400 on top and a Warwick Rockbass Corvette from '05, and it sounds so-so to say the least. The Eden is 'okay' and can get pretty dark sounding, in fact it sounds pretty dark most of the time and that's a quality to my ears. But I'm letting go of it, it's just not 'there' for me. What I've heard of the PF500 (currently my first choice as I don't and will not have the cash for a 7 Pro) is really good and a leap forward over the Nemesis. I would be adding a second 410he to get that 810 sound. What would that require of the PF500 in terms of power? Would it still sound great with the volume pushed to the limit? Or would it sound just as if it's on the limit? We're doing small venues mostly so anything close to 500 watts is more than enough.

I don't know that much of amps and cabs to answer this myself, so what say you?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Whether or not the sound appeals to you I can't answer, but two 410he's sounds very much like an 810e, and a 500w amp will be quite loud, especially with two 410he's.