2 X10 combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

What do guys think of these? I know carvin, fender, peavey, and now SWR has one and I'm really interested in them due to their size and power. Gimme any info on which is the best, what you play, etc.
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Check out the EBS Gorm ET350 if you can as well, very versatile and powerful. I sold it because it was to heavy for me, but it's very good.
  3. Scott Lynch

yeah, but aren't they unbelieveably expensive? I'll try one out when I get the chance tho.
  4. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Nemesis 2x10 combo, I have the 2x10 and it rocks.
  5. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Well, I can't see where you are, or what price range you're aiming for. I'm guessing you're American though, so perhaps US brands are a better bet. Over here everything poroduced in non-European Union countries are unbelievable expensive, as a rule. :)
  6. Scott Lynch

yeah, that's probably the case. EBS goes for ALOT around here, as do warwicks. So it IS a foreign thing. For example, do ampegs and SWR amps go for alot over there?
  7. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Yes. Just a few random examples:

Ampeg 8x10 cabinet: $950 at Musiciansfriend, $1960 in my local store...

SWR 750x head: $1100 versus $1775

And to make things even harder to swallow, even EBS stuff is lower priced overseas, so it's not about shipping or taxes, it's about competition and market prices.

EBS HD350 head: Retail in the US $1195. Retail in Sweden: $1265!

I hate it. :)
  8. LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.
    Another vote for the Nemesis 2x10 combo.

Sounds good.

Nice and light....very portable.
  9. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    You've probably considered it, but why not go for a good head and a 2-10 cabinet? The 2-10 combos typically are just too heavy! You may want to consider finding a good deal on a SWR-SM400S and a Goliath Jr. 2-10 (or Eden). It's much easier to load and unload (expecially when loading and unloading by yourself!). It also allows you to really taylor your sound by matching the cabinet of your choice with the head (or preamp/power amp) of your choice.:)
  10. I had a Peavey 210TX Combo, and I got lots of comliments about it from a friend who had a Ampeg full stack.
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nemesis again.

12. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own an SWR Super Redhead and a Peavey Combo 210TX. As you'd expect, the SWR sounds better.

The Peavey sounds pretty darn good however. I bought it to leave at a venue I frequently work that has a nightmare load in. They have a little Crate guitar amp for the house bass amp that sounds lousy and the Peavey will be a huge improvement.

I believe the original SWR Redhead was the first 210 combo amp produced.

13. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    :D :cool:

HA! TUBES!

Don't NEVER say nuthin bad about a 2x10 agin!!!