1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

20 /24 fret

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by robert43, Jun 11, 2007.

1. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Hi I have watch a couple of videos on setting up a bass guitar ,to adjust the truss rod I can understand ,
    My question I want to know with both these videos they had 20 or 21 fret bass put a capo on the 1st fret put there inger on the 17th fret ( where neck meets the body ) then measured 12/1000" at the 8th fret, what I would like to know is if a guitar is a 24 fret bass do you put your finger on the 20th fret ( where the neck meets the body ) & measure 12/1000" at the 8th fret or do you still do the same for a 20 / 21 fret guitar
    Any help is welcome

2. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Good question. I think set up is still the same.

3. gjooro

gjooro

Mar 27, 2006
    Croatia
    the same as you do on a 20 fret bass.. on many basses body meets neck on different place. Do it as they did on 20 or 21 fret bass

4. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks now its all clear:D

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021