1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

20 year old Bassis

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by nativeofsandieg, Jul 20, 2007.

1. nativeofsandieg

nativeofsandieg

Jul 20, 2007
    Hey, my name is Austin and I own three basses, Music Man Sting Ray 5, Carvin, and a Fretless Ibanez. I was really into Wooten for a while, but I haven't really listened to anything but Jaco for the past year. My style is slowly changing from more slap centered too laying down the groove. Love Christian McBride, my all time fav on the upright and just an over all great guy and awesome song writer... But love Jaco, I can't seem too put his music down. After the first month I started playing my Bass my dad gave me a Jaco cd and that was almost 6 years ago...

2. I found Jaco's first solo album (from 1976) back in '96. I had a gig that evening and, inspired by that album, particularly the tracks Continuum and Portrait of Tracy, threw some impromptu harmonics in. Heads all over the venue AND the stage turned my way with looks of approval. Also, from that first listening, and second, and... my playing progressed rapidly, spurred on by the desire not to play like Jaco but as well as Jaco.