Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

200 bucks...what to get?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KrazzyJoe, Dec 27, 2003.

1. KrazzyJoe

KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    Oregon.
    I have 200 bucks laying around, I also have a bass synth wah that I could get probably around 80 bucks out of if I bring it back. I am wondering what I should get. I already have;

ESP 5 string B205
    Ibanex 210
    Overdrive Pedal
    Chorus Pedal
    Pedalboard
    Little Crate combo amp

I was wondering on a few things. I am looking into some things. First, I would really like to get some new strings so I wouldnt want to spend all of my money. I am thinking of saving up for an Epi Tbird or perhaps getting a wireless system and having some money left over. I was looking at this. It seems to have good reviews, and all though I hear all this stuff about how ****ty wireless is, and that if you are going to go wireless you should buy a high-end system, I really want to go wireless and do not have much money. Suggestions of other things I should get that I didn't mention or anything? I am quite open as of what to do with this cash.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would save it for a better amp.

3. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    1- Save it.
    2- New pickup set.
    3- Better Amp (You'll need more than $200.)

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ya never know, he could get lucky. I got lucky on my Ampeg B100r and got it for $200 even.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I would get a bank account. :)

6. KrazzyJoe

KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    Oregon.
    Its actually in a bank account, I am willing to save. My ESP has pretty good pickups though, EMG-HZ.

7. Faceley

Faceley

Dec 28, 2003
    North Carolina
    in my opinion i would keep saving till you see something that catches your eye and you know you really want.

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Harke has a SET OF FREE STRINGS offer in January's Bass Player...shipping is $3.
    ***, I'm going for it as soon as I get back to my office's copying machine.
    ;)

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Agreed. I got my Pre-CBS Fender Bass Man amp for $100 even.
    ...hold it, that was in 1975.

Nevermind.