1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2000 EBMM StingRay 5H -- Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 31HZ, Sep 20, 2019.

1. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    In a case of "love at first sight," I bought this bass last month from the original owner, who pretty much put it in its case for 19 years after tracking down the best-playing StingRay for an audition and playing it only at that audition.

I had never played a MusicMan before, and while I like the way that it plays, it doesn't quite fill a niche well enough to me to be able to keep it right now.

I've only played it for a few hours, and now that I've got something else on the way this one ought to go. I'm listing it for the price that I paid for it.

:(

But oh, that purple. Mmm.

From the original sale thread (here):

The specs are:

Pearl Purple with matching Pearl Purple headstock
    White humbucker pickup
    White Pearloid Pickguard
    Chrome hardware
    3-band preamp
    3-way pickup selector switch
    Weight: 10 lbs. 10 oz.
    Nut width: 1.75"
    Rectangular Hardshell Case also in mint, closet queen condition

Cosmetic flaws:

-One almost invisible hairline scratch on the back about 1" long, just barely into the clearcoat. It is visible when the light is hitting it at exactly the correct angle. It was there when I bought the bass, and the dealer refused to give me any discount for it because they said it was too hard to see and too minor for anyone to care about. (See photos #18 and #19.)

-One virtually microscopic ding (see photo #20) on the edge of the headstock opposite the tuners. I lightly contacted a music stand at the audition. (I still remember how my heart sank and I was afraid to even look to see if there was any damage. I had just spent well more than my current total net worth on this thing just a few days earlier.)

This bass is clean and pretty close to perfect.

Below are photos from the original thread. I can take more if anyone would like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

phillipkregg likes this.
  2. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    I mustn’t look. I mustn’t look. I mustn’t look!!!

31HZ likes this.
  3. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    PM'd

31HZ likes this.
  4. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    You just had to post this :). What a beautiful bass and a nice price.

31HZ likes this.
  5. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

And ... SOLD :smug:

subtlestew likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021