1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2000 Epiphone Les Paul bass V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowfreqguy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Recent purchase, need to thin the herd. More versatile that you'd think, sounds good. Using recent eBay photos and details in this ad, due to being on phone today. $500 shipped, paypalled, lower 48. Thanks

staticmap?center=39.467602,-76.637756&zoom=14&markers=39.467602,-76.

Attached Files:

2. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
  3. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    PM replied, still available.

4. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    More pics are available. PM replied, still available. Thanks for looking.

5. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    PM replied, still available. Thanks.

6. Still available? Are you able to post actual pics now?

7. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Yup, still available. Those pics are of the actual bass for sale, but I didn't take them. They are from the eBay auction when I bought the bass. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

8. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Recent job loss lowers price to $450, paypalled and shipped. I have excellent references here and at the 'bay. Thanks for looking.

9. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    It's a sweet bass BUMP.

10. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    What would you compare the sound of the bass to? (he said, never having played one...)

11. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    I ran the bass through its paces earlier today. The fundamental tone is bright and punchy and the B string is very good. The controls are VVT, there are two passive pickups and a five position Varitone switch. The Varitone allows five choices of coil selection and varies from thinner and Jazz like to fuller, with more mids when double coils are selected. Each pickup sounds good on its own, and can be blended to nice effect. The system is not as dramatic as an active tone equipped bass, but the Varitone allows for more options than just VVT circuits.