Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2000 Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass, $600.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Denisovich, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Denisovich

Denisovich

Jul 24, 2003
    Bought new from dealer in April of 2000, good condition. Bass has sunburst finish with maple fretboard. Asking $600. Original case and strap included, i'd pay shipping. Feel free to email if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Dane

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    looking at the bass it is a 1999 bass....
    does this bass have the graphite rods in the neck?

they changed in 2000 but i don't know if this would have them

steve

3. Denisovich

Denisovich

Jul 24, 2003
    Hmm, sorry for the confusion. How can you tell it's a '99? Serial number? I actually ordered this bass in 2000, so i figured it would be a 2000 model. Anyway, i'm not sure about the whether the neck is reinforced with graphite rods, i'll get back to you. Here are some more pics.

Dane

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    the serial number starts off with a n which is 1990's and 9 which means 1999

steve

5. Denisovich

Denisovich

Jul 24, 2003
    Ok, thanks for the explanation.

6. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Fender's serial numbers are far from exact. This could have been a left-over serial # and indeed a 2000 bass. However, it really doesn't matter as there aren't any differences between a 1999 and 2000 model Fender American Deluxe P-bass.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ok..i didn;t remember when they started the change. i thought it was 2000 that they started the graphite roda and the satin neck. with the no skunk stripe.

the deluxes had them in 1999?

steve

8. Tonto_Goldstein

Tonto_Goldstein

Aug 26, 2001
    Chicago
    If it is still available, could I see more pics?

Thanks!

9. Denisovich

Denisovich

Jul 24, 2003
  10. Tonto_Goldstein

Tonto_Goldstein

Aug 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Replied to your email last night...just wondering what is going on with the bass?