1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2000 Wal Mk 1 fretted 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Wolfmoon1313, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Wolfmoon1313

Wolfmoon1313

Jun 22, 2013
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass 5 years ago from a TB member. It sounds beautiful but I am a guitar player and I purchased it to use for a Tool tribute band. I have since purchased a Wal Mk 2, so I no longer need this one. I do not pretend to know about basses so I cut and pasted the original ad that I responded to here.

Instead of waiting 2 years for a new Wal, why not just purchase this beauty?

Built Feb 2000 Wal Mark I fretted. Fully loaded with every option: flame maple facings on mahogany core with matching flamed headstock, ebony fingerboard, gold hardware, one-off gloss blue-violet finish, birdseye maple neck and hornbeam center. W4034 signed by Pete, with a very fast thin-slim profile neck and mild V-shape. Excellent condition and kept very clean, only a few dings in the finish visible in the pics near the bridge and forward pickup, and one on headstock.

Right after he acquired it, he took it to Mike Lull and he replaced the frets and put it on the plek machine. It plays like a dream. The bass plays and sounds absolutely fantastic as a Wal should. The case is the fiberglass "blue dogbone" hardshell that is missing one latch which was rather typical of these dogbones.

Thanks for looking at this great bass!

Attached Files:

2. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Pmd

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Oooooh. Wish I could buy this one back!

BWorm likes this.
  4. Wolfmoon1313

Wolfmoon1313

Jun 22, 2013
    you can ;)

Caca de Kick likes this.
  5. AcThaBass

AcThaBass

Mar 20, 2009
    Petaluma, CA
    Still available?

6. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Awesome finish! What’s up with the volume knob? It looks like the same knob but..different?

7. luckylips

luckylips

Mar 15, 2009
    Is it sold ?