1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 2000 Zeta EUB....NEW PRICE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Koog, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Price:
    $1375
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Zeta EUB

Reduced from $1,490.00

For sale only....trade offers will not be considered

Zeta EUB, dated 2/19/2000, serial number 19. It is in excellent condition. Very nice "string bass like" sound, and certainly more portable.

• Ash body
    • Maple neck
    • Pau Ferro fingerboard
    • 34" scale
    • Gotoh tuners
    • Heavy duty drum stand for base
    • Side dot position markers in note positions 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21
    • Piezo in bridge with EMG preamp B13RA, featuring individual string volume controls (adjustment is in electronics cavity )
    • Removable, heavy smoked plexiglass body rest....See photos
    • Gig bag with front pouch for the stand
    The bass is currently strung with LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass black tape wound strings. I also have a set of D'Addario Chromes that are cut for this bass with very little playing wear. I first strung it with the Chromes, then restrung it a few days later with the tapes and liked them better. I will include the Chromes in the sale.

I found this bass to be an easy way to transition to upright playing and get that near string bass sound.

My price is $1,375, shipped CONUS. I only accept PayPal, and will only ship to a PayPal verified address. I will ship the bass the next business day after your funds have cleared to my account.

Please use the "Start a Conversation" feature on this forum to ask questions or buy the bass. I can usually respond within a couple of hours.

Photos follow:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    These are great 34" scale EUBs. If this was the 5 string version I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat!

Koog likes this.
  3. shadowrider

shadowrider Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    When you get back from your trip, could you let me know what positions there are side dots for? I can make out a couple of them but not sure I’m seeing them all...

4. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    PM sent.

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    I just had my Zeta open a few minutes ago to change the battery and it is dated (hand written on the cavity cover in gold sharpie) 1998 with a serial that's a few numbers higher. Same model, but different bridge and electronics. I wonder how that happened.

Not doubting that yours is what you say it is, just trying to make sense of their numbering.

6. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    See below for a photo of the back side of the cavity cover for my Zeta. This should clear any doubt about the dating and number of the bass.

Logic says to me that since the numbering is hand written as 0019, it may signify that the bass is number 19 made in 2000. The number 19 also matches the day of the month of completion.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Great instrument from a fantastic TB seller!

Koog likes this.
  8. shadowrider

Oct 16, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Glad to see this is no longer available; it's been visiting my dreams for months! :)

garrett77 likes this.
  9. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    My Zeta is available again.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    funkyjudge likes this.
  10. shadowrider

Oct 16, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    GLWTS!

11. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    This is SOOOOOO tempting, Koog! I just wish that I had the money to buy it.

shadowrider likes this.