1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2001 Fender 50th Anniversary Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FunkyMcNasty, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Fender made less than 500 of these and they were made to a very high standard. I am sure that there are guys on here that can confirm that. This bass is in near mint shape, only used in my house. I removed the black aluminum pick guard and knobs the day I got it, to keep the guard clean. Below is a pic of it with the other guard and knobs. Was used in the studio by one guy before I got it. I received it in mint condition and kept it that way. I say near mint because I did play it, but itÂ’s as clean as they come. This is the best playing precision I have ever touched. It can also get super low action.

I never planned on getting rid of this bass, but I recently bought a couple vintage precision basses and this one has to go to cover some cost.

G&G Case in great shape
    Case Candy still in sealed bag: cable, strap locks, strap, ect.
    Weight 10lb
    Strings: Chromes, flats its whole life

$[DEL]1200[/DEL] $1100 Shipped in the US.

Not looking for any trades, so chances are slim, but you never know. PM for trades only.

The pictures make it look yellow, but its more butterscotch than it looks in the pics.

IMG_5343.
    IMG_5345.
    IMG_5346.
    IMG_5347.
    Some outside light shots
    IMG_5348.
    IMG_5349.
    IMG_5350.
    IMG_5352.
    IMG_5351.
    Pic with tort guard and sadowsky type knobs
    IMG_5342.

2. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    This is a rare find for anyone interested in the real P deal. Very nice graining on this model. These will only go up in value.

Bump for a sibling.

GLWTS

3. FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Thanks. They really are nice Precisions and I had intended on keeping it as an investment, but things change.

4. Hi,
    Nice Looking Bass.
    What is it like in the hand, comparatively to the history of precisions? Where does it stand?

Would you have any interest in an early Smith Burner?

Thank You
    KC

5. FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    I am not sure exactly how to answer this question. It has a poly finish on the neck and fingerboard, so in that regard it feels like a 70's P to me, but other than that P's feel like P's IMO. I have owned several from the 70's, 80's 90's and 00's and don't notice much difference in feel except for the different finishes and parts that they used. This is the best playing precision that I have ever touched. It is getting beat out by a couple early 70's Precisions that I am keeping for the value aspect, more than playability. Hope that helps.

6. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    :drool:

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    That's a beauty all right. I actually prefer the tort guard on there, but like the original knobs better. Reminds me of my '75 P in Natural Ash that has taken on a bit of a butterscotch tone over the years. Very nice!!

8. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Luv the butterscotch colour and the maple board.

Richie

9. FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Price Drop. $1100 Shipped.

10. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You had me at "poly finish". If any of my basses sell this decade, I'll be huntin' this one down. Free bump.

11. FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Good luck to ya. Yeah, stuff seems to be moving slow right now. I've got 3 basses for sale.

12. craigb43

craigb43

Nov 20, 2007
    Oregon
    PM sent , thanks

13. FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    I have decided to keep this one. I feel that its wort more than I'm asking and I just don't want to let it go just yet. Thanks for the interest, but this ones staying with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.