Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2001 Fender Am. Std. Jazz V W/Barts

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Ralphdaddy, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'm selling my basically mint, never gigged, Fender Jazz. I still have the original pickups that came with it, the case and instructions and whatnot for the Bartolinis, which are 57J's by the way, and all the info that came with the Fender when it was new. The case may or may not be included, not sure yet. $650 with case and all accessories, Dunlop straplocks included. The bass has only a couple very small scratches on the back, no dings that I can recall offhand. I'll put pictures up by tomorrow. Buyer pays shipping.

2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    you may want to mention color and fingerboard wood ;)

3. +1

4. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hahaha, good point, sorry guys. It's a really deep 3 tone sunburst with a pau ferro board, basically pau ferro is the same as rosewood. It's really quite pretty. I'll post some pics like I said soon.

5. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Well, I can't post pics because all the pics I took of it are too big... if anyone knows anything I can do to remedy the situation please feel free to let me know. Sorry guys, it's a really pretty three tone sunburst, the pau ferro is like a lighter rosewood, if you go to Fender.com and look at a pic of a Jazz V it will have that fretboard wood, they all do, even the Mexi's. The bass is seriously in mint condition, almost perfect, the action is good, it has brand new Fat Beams on it and all the goodies including the new and old pups. Someone should love it....

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yes , No? for basses or amps or speaker cabs :D

7. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Trades are certainly an option... shoot me some options, I'm not in the market for anything specific, but a P or a J 4 with a maple board maybe, or a Stingray 5 with a maple board... I'd be interested in a Cirrus 4 or 5 also.

8. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I just realized you guys might want the serial number to ensure that it's an American. The Serial Number is Z1012036, and it really is the best playing jazz bass I've ever picked up. Very comfortable, not heavy at all, neck falls easily and comfortably to hand with no neck dive... it's a sweet bass.

9. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bump

If no one's interested it's gonna go up on Ebay tonight....

10. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I just put it on eBay, if you're interested first 600 bucks takes it.... This is a pretty damned good bass with none of the neck issues others rant about. It's in great shape too.

11. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
  12. I may be interested in the american pickups you took off of it, interested in selling those sperately?

13. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah I'd be willing, the bidding on the bass on ebay ends in 2 days and I had them included in the description of the bass so if you can wait a couple days to let me make sure it's all good with whoever takes the actual bass that'd be tight. I just need to make sure whoever buys it doesn't really want them for any reason, but they might so we'll see. I'll get back to you within 2 days and 19 hours :)

Just to clarify this is a 5 string Am. Std.

14. Ooops, sorry, I'm looking for a 4 string set, don't know how I missed that part, sorry bout that

15. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    No problem, I looked at your profile and was wondering about that so I figured I'd let you know!

16. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Price drop to $550!

17. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm confused. I thought you ebayed this.

I'd like to see some pictures. Can you email me some?

adouglas (at) optonline (dot) net

18. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
  19. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    What do you want for them?