1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2001 Fender MIM Jazz Rare Midnight Blue / Purple -- Lots of pics!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GatorDogDoc, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonna sell my 2001 MIM Jazz in Midnight Blue / Purple since I finally found the fretted twin to my Sage Green fretless.... so this one is gently being shown the door after having served me well.

If you are familiar with this rare color, you know that the bass looks blue in photos, but deep indigo/purple in incandescent light... which makes it almost impossible to photograph correctly to get the color right. Some of my pics are to show condition, while 1 or 2 are to try and show the true color (but still do a poor job). The picture with the yellow looking pickguard (no flash) probably is the closest to showing the body color.

This one is all original with the upgraded Fender stock pickups that began with the 2001 model year. It sounds great with typical Fender Jazz tone. Pots are clean with no scratchiness.

All chrome is in great shape... so little oxidation it doesn't even show up on pics and really looks nearly new.

Neck is straight and without flaws that I can feel. Trussrod nut turns well.

Frets are minimally worn and have lots of life.

Nice tight pocket.

There are some very minor dings/scuffs on the edges (some so minor hardly worth showing) typical for a bass of this age, and 1 area of marred polyurethane finish on the back side of the upper bout. No wood showing anywhere and damaged areas are shown in the pics using my finger for scale. The scuffs and dings actually show up brighter and whiter in the pics than they really are due to the flash.... in person they are hardly noticeable.

The previous owner felt the need to scratch out "Made in Mexico" on the headstock for some reason... guess he wanted an MIA? :confused:

No strings at the time of the pics as I had to pull them off to put them on my new bass for a gig, but I have a brand new set of D'Addario EXL 160 Nickel Round Wounds on them now.

Comes with a 1 month old, like-new, SKB brand molded form-fitting hardshell case with keys.

I can ship without the case, but I prefer not too.

Payment via Palpal only.

***NO TRADES***

$425 with the case shipped ConUS only.
    $350 without.

DSCF0061.

DSCF0391.

DSCF0378.

DSCF0373.

DSCF0374.

"Made in Mexico" lightly scratched out
    DSCF0372.

Ding in poly only... paint is untouched (upper horn)
    DSCF0084.

Minor scuff... hardly visible in normal light (lower horn)
    DSCF0086.

2 small dings in poly only (paint is untouched) and hairline scratch in finish... much more visible in flash than in person (body face near bridge)
    DSCF0085.

2 small dings in poly only on lower edge below control panel
    DSCF0088.

Small poly ding on upper edge near body cutout
    DSCF0093.

Marred poly (paint is untouched) on upper back of body near edge of body cutout... the previous photographed ding is also visible above my thumb in this photo
    DSCF0094.

DSCF0379.

DSCF0382.

DSCF0384.

DSCF0383.

DSCF0398.

DSCF0395.

DSCF0376.

2. Wednesday hump day bump

3. Bump

4. Moving this weekend.... away from my computer.... bump.

5. Back online!
    Bump.

C'mon, nobody wants a purple Jazz?

:confused:

6. If no interest, it goes to ebay.
    Last call.

7. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    PM'd. Let me know.

8. Jkillian02

Jkillian02

Apr 27, 2012
    Thats a beauty! Would love to see your sage green brothers too. I just picked a sage green Jazz earlier this year. Love it! Free bump!

9. Pm replied. Still for sale.

10. I'll send you a few pics.... Just moved so gotta get 'em unpacked first!

Thanks for the bump!

11. Bump for being so beautiful. I'd get it if I wasn't poor :bawl:

12. Oh and also let me know when it goes on Ebay :D

Am I the only one who thinks purple is awesome!

13. Apparently so..... Well, besides me. I've also got a Fender precision in purple, too!

Still for sale, but comes off the TB sales list and over to eBay on Sun night.

I will try to pm you when that happens, but you can always just search for me there (same screen name).

14. Goes to eBay tonight if no interest here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.