1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2001 Fender Precision Deluxe 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bbjonz, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Everyone,

I bought this cool USA 5-string P-Bass from Jordan a few weeks ago. It's a great bass and I really dig having that P-Bass "burp" as well as other very usable sounds, but I made the mistake of picking up my Nordy again, and it wins.

So I'm offering this bass (and OHSC) for the same great price Jordan gave me, $950 shipped and Paypalled in the continental US. And I just put a new set of DR Hi Beams on, so the new owner will be good to go. Please, no trades.

Two pics from Jordan's original ad:
    [​IMG]

7308010524_2e117270f5_c.

Here's a link to Jordan's original ad, complete with some Youtube clips of him rockin' the house.

More pics at Jordan's Original Thread

Joe

2. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    That was fast! On hold, pending payment.

3. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, first buyer had to bail, second buyer is MIA, so it's still available until I hear otherwise.

4. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Bump du jour...

5. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Disclaimer; I am no way related to or even know the seller. I do own a similar bass and boys, if you want a P5, this bass is an excellent choice.

These Deluxe 5ers are kinda rare. It happens to be one of the best basses Fender ever put out IMO. It has modern and vintage sounds all in one bass.

Total P vibe and the big humbucker gives you snap and zing that is reminiscent of a Stingray. Active electronics allows you to scoop the mids out of the P pup and this bass gets very modern sounding or if you want, push up the mids for a standard P sound which is always good for great rhythm section mix.

Deluxe p bass has mother of pearl dots and very good workmanship on par with the best Fender has to offer. The neck shape is pretty sleek and very playable includes a high mass bridge. If you are looking for a 5 string Pbass, this is superior to the current standard P5 and this is a very good price!

6. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey Dbassmon,

Thanks for your assessment. It is a cool bass and I think your assessment of the sounds is dead on. I really dig that P-Bass "burp" but also the more modern sound options it provides.

I should mention that the bass is sold (again) pending payment.

7. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Congrats to the new owner, he got a great deal!

8. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    And......Sold! Thanks, Melvin!

9. Brantonlee

Brantonlee

Sep 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just wondering if you still had this p bass laying around - I am looking for a deluxe precision 5 string. ~Brant

10. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Bartolini Artist, MTD Artist, LaBella Artist Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Please read.....it says sold directly above your post :)

11. This bass sold over two months ago..

12. It would be nice if people would close their threads....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.