1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2001 Fender Precision / Parts bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by haystack55, Mar 1, 2016.

1. haystack55

haystack55 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Price:
    $400
    Strings:
    Here's a Fender parts bass I put together a few months ago and now have no need for. The neck is a 2001 MIM and it's in overall fantastic shape. The truss works fine and the frets are in great shape as well. Finish is smooth with just a small amount of perceivable wear. The bathroom scale says it's right at 8 lbs, but I'll verify once I can get it more accurately weighed.

The body is a brand new Classic Series 50s Lacquer. Brand new WD tort 10 hole pick guard. Brand new Duncan SPB-2 (Hot Precision) pickup and all new electronics, including a Sprague 715p (.047uf) Orange Drop cap and CTS 250K pots. Brand new set of D'Addario nickel 105s.

I've got a beat up but functional Fender case I can include if the price is right. I'd prefer a local sale (Houston) but I will ship if we can come to an agreement on shipping costs. I'd include it in the price, but honestly the last few deals I've done on basses I've had to eat the shipping due to unforeseen costs, etc so I'll just do actual shipping once we get an idea of what it'll cost.

I'm also considering parting out this bass. Preferably, loaded neck or loaded body; $300 for the complete loaded body (with strings), $100 for the complete neck.

IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1089.JPG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I am a black and tort fan, that's for sure.

haystack55 likes this.
  3. Interested

haystack55 likes this.
  4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Would you be interested in trades?

5. haystack55

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I don't really have my eye on any trades right now. if you've got something specific to offer, though, feel free to shoot me a PM!

6. haystack55

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Please also note the correction above... it's actually a Duncan SPB-2 Hot Precision pickup NOT the Quarter Pounder.

7. haystack55

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm also considering parting out this bass. Preferably, loaded neck or loaded body; $300 for the complete loaded body (with strings), $100 for the complete neck, with tuners.

8. haystack55

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Bass is sold.