1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2001 German Warwick FNA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matthew_84, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Hey TBers,

I got an opportunity to get a 2001 German Warwick FNA. The bass looks great. I haven't been able to see it in person yet, but I do have a couple of questions regarding this bass.

I am a huge fan of Warwick's current slim necks, but I know there was a period when they had thicker "baseball bat" necks. I read in one post that this thicker neck period was from 2000 - 2009. Is this true, and does the 2001 FNA fit into this category?

Also, I have heard that there was a period when Warwick quality had slipped, but I have no idea what period that was from, is there anyone that can answer this?

And does anyone have anything else to add about the FNA model? I can't seem to find anything about them except for old ads in the classifieds. The FNA Jazzman seems to get a lot more attention.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Sorry, I don't think I've ever bumped a thread before, but I would just like some input on this bass, so that I could maybe schedule a time to look at it. Though, if it does have a thicker neck, I will not be interested.

Thanks.

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Matthew_84,

There was some variation in neck profiles at the time, so its hard to give you a definitive answer without seeing the bass in person. In regards to quality, there was a period where some instruments made it through QC that would not leave the factory today, but it wasn't every instrument. Again, you're best bet is to play the bass, and see how it feels to you. If you'd like more comments, the guys on the Warwick Forum have a lot of great information. Some of them post here, too...but if you want to pose any questions there, it might be a great help. http://forum.warwick.de/forum.php?katID=14571&cl=EN Please let me know if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!