2001 ISB Convention

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by paul, Jun 10, 2001.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Hey, anyone make it to Indi for the convention?? I had to miss it this year, so if you went let's hear some highlights!
  2. My teacher went early Friday morning - I saw him on Thurs eve, and he was telling me that he was going specifically to see Gary Karr play his last public concert - he (GK) is retiring, apparently. I look forward to hearing all about it when he gets back.

- Wil
  3. I was there from Monday to Friday (longer than some I know, Tim). It was nothing short of fantastic. I came home with a very large bag of humility.

4. Wil, I see you study with Volker Nahrmann. If I'm not mistaken, he did the book of Oscar Pettiford solos I bought. I'm looking forward to spending some time with that.

The convention was great, and it was a real pleasure meeting Oldsaw and Tim Ludlam, and some cats I know from the 2xbass list. Of course the Gary Karr and "Bassists of Bill Evans" hits were highlights, but there was so much other great stuff, it suffices to say the whole week was a highlight.
  5. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Incredible week!!!! Sorry I missed Bassrespanse on Friday, unfortunately it was unavoidable.

John Clayton's tribute to the Judge.
    Kristin Korb
    Outer Bass
    The Bassists of Bill Evans
    Dianna Gannett
    Mtg. the Great David K and the formidable Old Saw.
    Mtg. Rufus
    Jim Ferguson