SOLD 2001 Sadowsky Ultra Vintage Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JerBear80, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JerBear80

JerBear80 You smell like cats in here. Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass through the Sadowsky preowned program back in ‘08, the Hipshot Xtender was added by the shop before it shipped to me. Specs and description from the Sadowsky website can be found here:3699

Its a great sounding and playing bass, as are all Sadowsky’s imho. It was my main player for a few years. I played around 450 shows with it so theres a bit more wear than when I bought it but nothing outrageous for an almost 18 year old bass. One thing to mention; it’s got the remnants of some buckle rash on the back. It didn’t break through the clear and I was able to hand polish out pretty well but it’s not perfect. It’s really only noticeable when you get the light to reflect off that spot (see the last pic). I went as far as I comfortable with it but its certainly possible machine polishing could make it smoother.

I’m asking $2995 shipped, US only. PayPal is preferred. The stickers and any glue residue will be removed before shipping. Trades are very limited at this time but I’m open to a few things (+ cash): Fullerton era '62 RI Jazz or '57 RI Precision basses, late 80’s-late 90’s Sadowsky 4 & 5 jazz basses. I'd also be open to a partial trade(+ cash) for a mini class D head, i.e. Aguilar Tonehammer 350, GK MB200, etc.
    A2F1F0F8-EDCB-439B-BE11-3495A30C1800.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am surprised this is still here
    GLWTS

JerBear80 likes this.
  3. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Nice bass and a very reasonable price for a NYC Sadowsky, particularly if you have checked the price on a new build lately. I had one that was identical but mine was built in 2003. It was my dream bass until I figured out that my dream bass was actually a P. :D

GLWTS

JerBear80 likes this.
  4. JerBear80

JerBear80 You smell like cats in here. Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Sold on Reverb!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021