1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2001 WAL Mk1 Fretted Ebony / Shedua Facings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BWorm, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    Putting this back up for sale. Not totally sure I want to part with it. Only problem is a somewhat loose input jack that is only a problem if you move the cord around too much. A few dings common with age. Two on the headstock, a couple by the control knobs, a slight ding on the back of the neck right behind the 10th fret. It's very small and you can see it in the pictures. The neck is straight as an arrow and the truss rod works perfectly as it should. The tone control/ volume/ blend knobs are in such good and un-used condition that they don't move unwillingly fast like some older Wals I have played. The electronics are in excellent working order and everything functions as it should except for one minor issue that could easily be remedied by the right electronics personnel. There was a washer added to the 1/4 inch input jack at one time to correct the connection (a common remedy) and sometimes the jack will crackle if you move it around too much in the socket. Also, when playing with the treble on high you can hear a slight hum which I believe to be from a possibly insufficient soldering connection. Sometimes I don't hear it at all through my Mesa D800 and my Hartke Combo but sometimes I can hear it when the treble is on high with my MarkBass amp. Once again, the right electronics expert could fix and remedy these for good, relatively easily I am certain.
    When you run your hand across the seam of the back two facings, you can feel an extremely small separation between the two. See photos. Bass was signed of by Paul Herman in March of 2001. Bass comes in a Hiscox case. The Hiscox case doesn't have the foam inserts in it that most other wal/ hiscox cases do so the bass slides around a little in the case. When shipped I will be sure to add extra layers of protection.
    The only reason I am parting with this is because I prefer a five or six string bass, otherwise I certainly wouldn't want to let it go.

Bass will be shipped and fully insured on my behalf. PayPal is accepted! :)

Any questions please feel free to ask.
    DSCN3237.JPG DSCN3233.JPG DSCN3210.JPG
    DSCN3216.JPG DSCN3240.JPG DSCN3224.JPG DSCN3234.JPG DSCN3230.JPG IMG_2804. DSCN3238.JPG DSCN3237.JPG DSCN3223.JPG DSCN3217.JPG DSCN3211.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

this can be easily fixed. i posted an easy DIY fix on youtube for it.

BWorm likes this.
  3. IngloriousOz

IngloriousOz Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Bob is a great TB'er and excellent to do business with! Someone buy this beautiful bass with confidence

BWorm likes this.
  4. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Must. Not. Buy. Another. Wal!!

5. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    I have been playing around on it this evening and I know it is going to hurt when I end up having to part with it. Someone will be very happy just holding this bass let alone plugging it in and playing it :)

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Oh what a beautiful instrument! I miss the days when I could afford to buy this one. I love the Shedua facings.

7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Must...not...buy....

8. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    IMG_2795. IMG_7711.

IngloriousOz likes this.
  9. BWorm