SOLD 2001 Warwick Corvette ProLine, Ocean Blue w/ Gold Hardware

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by djciano, Jul 12, 2021.

1. djciano

djciano

Aug 11, 2011
    Smyrna, TN
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Everything works perfectly, currently professionally set up for CGCF tuning by the Low End Bass Shop in Nashville.

It's 20 years old, so there have been some minor changes over the years. Most of what you see in the pictures is dust from being displayed but unused. Smoke-free home.
    1. The D tuning peg has been replaced with a Gotoh tuning peg. Upon close inspection, you can tell the difference, but it doesn't impact playability or intonation. Sonically, no difference, neutral modification.
    2. The MEC preamp pooped out about 4 years ago. I upgraded it with an Aguilar OBP-1, which to my ears is arguably even better than the original MEC, and sounds better than the day I bought it back in 2002.
    3. For S&Gs I replaced the plastic Just-A-Nut with a brass Just-A-Nut III (Warwick brand). It does give it some pleasant overtones, but as with any nut replacement, its only really noticeable when not fretting. An open C (remember, setup for CGCF tuning), will ring for DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYZ (with a Z to really get the point across). If tuned up to standard tuning, an open E, A, D, or g will also sustain for days with a "Z."
    All upgrades are just that - upgrades. Improvements on the original design. It’s not 100% factory spec, but any changes That were made really do improve on the original sound and feel.

A couple tiny dings, barely noticeable, but can provide pictures on request. She's not NOS.

They don’t make these anymore, but to me the ProLine is arguably the last great generation of Warwick basses before the naming nomenclature became absurdly difficult to follow, and they split their model lines into “hyper cheap” and “unaffordable.” Effectively its a German-built era Warwick before Korean Rockbasses were even a glint in Framus' eyes, and before they started doing those artwork-esque, single-luthier-made, untouchable, NAMM-specific models with the swirls and the puddin' and the burls and the colors and the stuff and the things.

Bass will be detuned one whole step before shipping to protect the neck, packed in a gig bag, which is then packed in padding, in a well-structured, guitar-specific box.

I've had this bass for 20-odd years, and kept the best possible care of it. It was my first official pro-level bass, and I'm going to miss it, but I've got a plan in my head that only gets accomplished by selling this one - I’m aiming for a custom build.

*Shipping is included for CONUS.*
    We can try to work something out for non-CONUS/overseas.

Item Specifics:

Serial number: C-082272-01

Produced: 08.03.2001

Description: Corvette Proline, 4-string

Ocean Blue Oil finish

Flamed Maple A body

Ovangkol neck

Gold hardware

Wenge Fingerboard

Made in Germany

Machineheads:Warwick tuners (1 [D] replaced)

Nut: (UPGRADE) Brass Just-A-Nut III

Neck Wood:Ovangkol neck

Fretboard:Wenge fingerboard

Fingerboard Radius: 4-String: 20"(508mm)

length: 34" (long scale)

Width Nut: 38,5 mm / 1.5"

12th fret: 54,0 mm / 2,1"

Width 24th fret: 62,1 mm

Fret quantity material and size:24 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (Width: 2,9mm/height: 1,3mm)

Frets:24

Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood):Flamed Maple body

Pickups: Passive MEC J/J Electronics:

UPGRADE: Aguilar OBP-1

Bridge system:2-piece Warwick bridge

Strap system:Warwick security locks

Construction:Bolt-On

Hardware colour:Gold hardware

Weight:4,3 kg (4-string) (~9 lbs, but it doesn't sit heavy at ALL)

s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    GTHintz and Obese Chess like this.
  2. djciano

djciano

Aug 11, 2011
    Smyrna, TN
    Sale pending (already!)