1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2001 Warwick Corvette STD Fretless w OHSC (Made in Germany!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    So I never thought I would do this, but I have to make space by selling off basses I have in duplicate so here it is...

For sale is my 2001 Warwick Corvette Standard Fretless. This is an old school Warwick, made in West Germany, and one of the earlier years featuring the Ovangkol neck (they started using ovangkol in 1999). It is an absolute tone monster with Warwick growl and "mwah" for days and features passive electronics with a V, B, T configuration. And it is in great condition up and down!

For those who need a brief description, the Corvette was introduced by Warwick in 1995 to bring both their own unique take on the ubiquitous Jazz bass to market and to create a Warwick model affordable for all players. Needless to say, the bass instantly became a hit.

In very recent years, the Corvette like other Warwicks had become very expensive, retailing new for over fifteen hundred bucks and yet Warwick was losing money on each one it sold so they decided to move production to Korea and reduce prices. That said, a new Korean Corvette Standard is still about a grand and only the Corvette $$ (Double Buck) is now made in Germany.

I believe I am the second owner of this bass which I have had for almost 7 years now. It has never been gigged on and it has never been to a rehearsal. It has just sat in it's case under the bed in a bedroom at my mother in law's for me to play during the occasional visit.

The condition of this bass is nearly flawless. Just one very thin and superficial scratch by where the 9th fret would be as shown, and the truss cover needs to be helped out with a screwdriver as I believe the little tab you click with your fingernail to open is broken (Warwicks sells exact replacements which are inexpensive). Otherwise, not a scratch, nick or ding to been found on this bass and the fingerboard is also super clean as is the chrome hardware.

This comes in the uber-protective, durable and lightweight Warwick standard hard case. I will ship conus for $SOLD obo in the original hard case or $SOLD in a non original hard case or $SOLD obo in a gig bag. Choices!! Either way you get it, this price is WAAAY less than the new Korean made ones go for and this is the real deal.

I would prefer not to do trades here as I need to unclutter but if you think you have an offer I can't refuse (i.e. a sweet trade deal for me) then feel free to PM me. I would certainly consider a NS WAV in trade as well as a Warwick Fortress (model not important).

Pics below. Thanks for looking.

RBM

photo2.
    photo3.
    photo4.
    photo5.
    photo6.
    photo7.
    photo8.
    photo1.

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for best offers. Would love to find this beauty a new home ASAP.

Thanks.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending...

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sold. And she's off to her new home.

Thanks everyone.