1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2002 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V w/OHSC and Audere JZ6D

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funk_in4, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funk_in4

funk_in4 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Comox, British Columbia, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings
    Selling a sunburst American Deluxe Jazz Bass 5 string with the original Fender molded case. The bass is in excellent condition, and features a pau ferro fingerboard w/abalone dot markers, light weight tuners, an after-market Audere JZ6D preamp (http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ6D.htm), string through-body or through the bridge and hum-canceling Fender Noiseless pickups. The neck shape is excellent- no ramping- and there isn't much tension on the truss rod at all.The original 18v preamp is mounted on a separate control plate and will be included. Very little fret wear, and the bass is playing and sounding fantastic. It is extremely versatile, and caters to both contemporary and vintage tones, with the pickups in the classic 60's positions but the Audere enabling a myriad of different tones. The Noiseless pickups allow any combination of pickup balancing without the dreaded single coil hum, and the buffered balance control on the Audere allows TRUE mixing of pickups, with many shades of balance as opposed to the usual "on/off switch" that describes how most Jazz bass balance controls work.
    I am asking 950.00 and am willing to split shipping. In Canada, the buyer's share would be approx. 50.00, to the US, the buyer's share would be approx. 70.00.
    Also may be interested in Canadian trade offers.

EDIT- I have received a couple of requests regarding shipping to Asia...for the sake of simplicity for myself, I will only entertain offers from the US and Canada

Attached Files:

2. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    more images here, and some more available on request...

Attached Files:

3. Looks like a sweet deal!

4. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    thanks, jackson171! It is indeed a sweet deal.

5. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    bump

6. Good deal indeed. The Audere should make this thing sing. My favorite jazz preamp ever!

7. If I wouldn't have bought another bass last week, this one would be heading to Ontario, BUMP.

And if it's still here next friday. It will be heading to Ontario.
    Great bass, great sound w/the Audere. And a super great price.

8. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    I had considered closing this thread and just keeping the bass, as it really is a fine ax, but I really should try and let it go to get funds for an arriving 4 string.
    I will have inconsistent 'net access for the next week or so because I will be "in the country"...so with that in mind, I will leave the post as active in case someone is interested...and I will reply as quickly as I can given my vacation isolation situation. :)
    Thanks for the interest and PMs...I look forward to someone committing to taking responsibility for this honey.
    ciao for now...

9. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    ..the bass is now on hold pending final payment...Thanks for the IMs, everyone!

10. Thanks Jake!! :hyper::bassist:

11. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    Thanks to all for the interest...the bass is now going to be heading east.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.