1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2002 Fender FSR Classic 60's Jazz bass w/matching headstock! MIM Burgundy Mist!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by michael_atw, Jun 3, 2011.

1. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    100_9224.

100_9225.

100_9227.

100_9229.

100_9231.

100_9232.

100_9233.

100_9236.

Up for sale is a real beaut - a Classic 60's RI Jazz bass. Made in Mexico - Burgundy Mist with matching headstock. These were FSR's that were created in limited numbers. I LOVE the matching headstocks! I purchased this bass a little over a month ago - I got it and quickly realized it had been damaged in transit. I'll give you the rundown.

The seller didn't protect it well enough. Not much at all, in fact. I was extremely disappointed to see that the bass that I was longing for for a whole week arrived with the bout strap peg partially impacted into the bass. It's quite sturdy as-is but should get fixed. Due to this injury, a finish crack emerged from the area right above the strap peg and traveled under the bridge, across the bridge cavity. It is hair-thin and barely noticeable, but about 4.5 inches long. Another very small crack emerged from the control plate screw. I've tried to picture both of them. There are also finish cracks on both sides of the neck pocket - the longer one is pictured and the smaller one is not (average, only 3/4"). These cracks are cosmetic, but they were very disappointing to me. The bass also arrived sorely in need of a set-up. I kept it, hoping to get it all fixed up and ready to go...but a planned move and recent events have led me to figure I'm better off parting with it. It wasn't quite my color I wished, more or less an impulse buy...so alas, I will part with it.

But those are the Debbie-downers. Other than those finish cracks, it is quite clean! There's some scuffs and scratches on the lower bout, but all nominal. No nicks, dings, or major cosmetic issues outside of the cracks. The headstock is very clean with only one nick on the tip. Frets are just about perfect, truss rod works fine. Electronics work perfect! This bass sounds as good as they come! Top-of-the line Mexico quality - rivaling most anything Fender has to offer. These are hard to come by. She needs a little work, but would be well worth it.:hyper:

Oh yeah, and for some reason, the pickguard isn't original. It's got all the thumbrest and pup cover holes stock under there, if you were wondering. Lord knows where the real deal went - right now it's a Mint AllParts. And it needs a new set of strings to your taste.

I'm thinking $625 shipped. I've got a Fender Deluxe gig bag if you want one for an extra $15 - or a beat up (cosmetically, not structurally) SKB/Roadrunner type case for $40. No extra shipping for either the case or bag. I'd be interested to ship international as well - with extra shipping needed (depending on country). Not really interested in trades for this one. Thanks!

2. Bummer on the damage :bawl:
    I was looking for one of these 2 weeks ago.
    I've since moved on to something else.
    Good luck with your sale bump

3. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Yeah...it was a pain. I was not happy with the seller at all. But alas...could have been worse. I've been patiently scoping for a USA '62 Reissue for a while, figured to jump on this one but it was not a good time for it.

4. Did you buy it here on TB?
    Hope the seller compensated you

5. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    No, it was ebay. I told the guy either he gets it back or I get money to offset the value loss. He has said it was "near mint", which I found to be not true - as I believe the neck cracks were there before it shipped and the lack of a set-up.

6. Wow, hope you left him negative feedback

7. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Meh, It's getting to the point where I feel like I'm leaving too many of them. One thing I've learned on there is whether they are huge sellers or small sellers - not many people know how to pack a guitar correctly...or how to describe them properly.

8. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Bump for trying again! REDUCED: $600/BO