1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2002 Fender mexican Standard Jazz or today's Squier VM/CV?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by L-Scarlett, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Go through the Fender site.

4sight likes this.
  2. Malak the Mad likes this.
  3. L-Scarlett

L-Scarlett

Oct 7, 2019
    449€ on their website? o0
    Mine comes down at 374.

4. That's just the RRP (recommended retail price), the prices "on the street" are always lower.

5. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

[​IMG] :D

6. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    Not working for me, maybe because I'm in Canada but your link redirects me to INTL, so only one 4-string CV Jazz '60 there.

7. L-Scarlett

L-Scarlett

Oct 7, 2019
    So, got the bass saturday and had some time to try it out. The sound and neck are great. However, and this is something i didn't notice while trying it out, i'm having a hard time to adjust to the body compared to my Precision. It feels kind akward. When sitting, it tends to fall to the right and the arm rest really starts to hurt after a while. The balance is better when standing but the arm still hurts. Maybe it's because i don't have proper technique, i've been trying to book some bass lessons with my singing teacher but she's not available right now.

8. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    I got hold of one these at the weekend.

The guy selling it was a guitarist who was given the bass has a gift to learn on but never got round to doing so. This meant the bass had spent nearly its whole life in a case with all the protective film still on.

Hence, I got a near mint condition 2014 CV 60s Jazz in Inca Silver (with rosewood board) for $240.

This bass is killer. I got rid of a 2006 Highway 1 Fender Jazz earlier this year because I just didn't think it was good enough... this Squier CV knocks it out of the park. It needed a set-up but once I had done that and installed some new Fat Beams I was blown away.

These are future classics - the next JV range in the waiting.

ThudThudThud likes this.
  9. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I bought the Fiesta Red 60's Precision when I was playing in a band and needed a Precision to get the sound I wanted. While I was in the store I also tried out the Jazz (white/tort/rosewood) as was astounded at how well it played, and how good it sounded. If I'd have had the funds at the time I would have bought it too.
    Still keeping my eye out for one at the right price. Fantastic bass. Congrats..

Stan_da_man likes this.
  10. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    14 Squier Jazz.

And here it is!

BOOG, tlite and 4sight like this.