1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2002 Lakland 55-02(Korean)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by goldenboy12981, Feb 24, 2021.

1. goldenboy12981

goldenboy12981 Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Price:
    $1250
    Strings:
    United States
    Unfortunately the time has come to let go of my 2002 Lakland Skyline 55-02. It's a 2nd year production model of the Skyline when they first started making them in Korea, and if you know anything about Lakland history, you know that these models are very sought after and have exceptional detail to craftsmanship. I'm only the 2nd owner of this bass, and the person who I bought it from personally bought it from Lakland display booth at NAMM in 2002. It's hands down the best 5 string I've ever played and it has served me incredibly well over the past 2+ years. The neck is straight as an arrow, plays extremely smooth, and there's plenty of fret life left(recently got a setup and is strung up with Elixir Nickels, 45-130). It just doesn't get much use with lack of gigging and I find myself switching over more to 4 stringers. With that being said, it's in fantastic cosmetic condition - minimal wear and no real dings, gashes or buckle rash. It does have a hairline crack that in the back of the headstock right below the tuning post of the G string that had some glue put on by the previous owner, but has in no way whatsoever affected the bass' playability. She plays like a dream, slaps like a monster, and the Bartolinis give it so much tonal flexibility you can really dial any sound for any situation(anything from a classic P bass, a burpy Jazz, or a growling Stingray). I'm throwing in the hardshell TSA gator case, the original gigbag it came in and the Gruvgear fretwrap. Let me know if you have any questions!

SHIPPING CONUS - $100

SPECS:

Frets: 22

Scale Length: 35"

Weight: 10 lbs. 2 oz.

Body: Although typical Skylines are ash, this one feels like Alder

Neck: Flat-Sawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars

Finish: Tobacco Sunburst

Nut Width: 1.81"

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Bridge: Lakland Dual Access

Pickups: Bartolini MM-J

Tuners: Hipshot

EQ / Controls: Bartolini Preamp Vol (pull for active bypass), Blend, Bass-Mid-Treble (boost/cut), MM pickup Coil Selector

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Very cool bass. I dig my Korean 55-02.

GLWTS.

Bones

Smooth_bass88 and goldenboy12981 like this.
  3. goldenboy12981

goldenboy12981 Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    They're the best! Real Swiss army knife bass guitars great for any situation.

4. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    I love my Korean 55-01. I equally love my Indo J-Sonic. You simply can't go wrong with the Skyline Series!

goldenboy12981 likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021