Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2002 Mike Lull Modern 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mrsifter, Oct 5, 2003.

1. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    I have a beautiful Mike Lull Modern 5 for sale. It has the 2 barts with 3 band eq, which is active or passive. It is a beautiful honey color with birdseye maple neck. I hate to sell this bass, but the bills need to be paid. I still need a 5 string, so i would consider a possible trade with a jazz 5 and cash. Run your offers by me. Oh, yeah it has a tiny nick on the back around the battery flip top, it is the only thing keeping it from being brand new.

2. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Front of bass

3. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Full frontal!

4. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    The back of the bass

5. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    The nick on the back

6. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    selling price is ???

7. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh im sorry. I am asking $1400 but entertaining offers close to that.

8. bassrebelpr

bassrebelpr Guest

Dec 4, 2002
    Aguadilla, PR
    your location?

9. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    You might want to check the description. That looks like a set of Duncan Customs or Lull Customs, not Bart pickups. And the preamp (Bart NTMB?) is 3 band but it is not 3 band when passive, just vol-vol. I have one and it is a killer bass. Aside from being a great slapper it is a super fingerstyle bass and flat out nails a vintage tone in passive mode. Jeez, you would think that I was selling mine!

10. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I'm 99.9% sure this is my old Lull. Mike Lull told me it has Aero pickups with Bartolini pre-amp. Nice bass with a big thick meaty tone.Hope this helps :)

11. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    Im sorry, you guys are right. It has the aero pups and it is just vol/vol when passive..I knew that. Sorry I was unclear in my post. Thanks for the help guys.

12. mrsifter

mrsifter Guest

Jul 8, 2003
    The Bass is sold. Thanks guys.
    J.T.