1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2002 MM Sterling for trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by banditcosmo, Nov 25, 2002.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I have a red transparent Sterling I'm looking to trade. I bought it new from Chuck Levin's (new in box never on display) in July. It's in mint condition the same as when I bought it. I have an extra black pickguard for it that I got from MM because the pickguard has a tiny pin sized indent so I got them to send another pickguard but I never put it on. I have some pics at the following web site:
    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~arh3s/sterling
    Note: the bass is a little redder than the pics show. I don't have a great camera. Also you can really see the wood grain better than the pics show.

What I'm looking for is a light weight powerful amp. I have an Acme B2 8-ohm cab and I need an amp for small gigs. Maybe a Eden or a EA Iamp600. Something that has some power into 8 ohms. Or maybe a small amp along with a Aguilar GS112. I have an Ampeg SVT-4Pro but it is too much amp (and way too heavy) for a coffehouse gig.
    I would prefer to trade with someone in the Va/MD area so we can trade in person.
    Tony