1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2002 Modulus Genesis Vintage Jazz 4 (GVJ4) - 3 Color Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Yamarc, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Okemos, MI
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is an amazing 2002 Modulus Genesis Vintage Jazz 4 string bass. These are the hidden gems of the Modulus lineup and are all I've been playing for the past 10+ years. Check out the reviews online (particularly some of Jason Raso's Youtube clips - )

This bass has a 3 color sunburst finish on an alder body with a maple neck and a chechen fingerboard wrapped around a graphite spine. The graphite spine makes the neck free of dead spots and impervious to weather changes (I've never had to adjust the neck in the 3 years that I've owned this bass).While the graphite spine gives each note a deep fundamental and evenness across the spectrum, the surrounding wood imparts a vintage warmth and traditional feel that all graphite-necked basses just can't match.

This bass also comes with very rare upgrade - Villex jazz pickups with a passive mid-control. This amazing pickup config gives this bass a huge amount of tonal versatility. Check out the 2002 Bass Players review of a Villex-equipped Modulus bass for their praise of this set-up.

The playability of this bass is amazing, fit and finish are top-notch, and the wide range of tones available from this bass are incredible. To get it ready to sell, I went to Elderly Instruments and paid $200+ to have the frets and electronics cleaned and ready for the next 15 years of play.

The bass is in good condition, with only normal wear and tear, no scratches or dings through the finish at all. The ONLY issue I can find with the bass are on the neck, one small indentation on the back of the neck and a little divots in the neck on the front (see pictures). Neither of these affect the playability of the bass at all.

Wish I didn't have to sell, but I'm not playing out much these days and need the cash to finish paying my grad school tuition. Comes with a Levy's padded (Lakland) gig bag and will be packed securely, shipped and insured in the Continental US for $50.00.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    ajkula66 likes this.
  2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    KILLER!!!!!!