1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2002 PEAVEY CIRRUS 4 TIGER EYE - NO MID SWEEP ! $900 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mb94952, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I also have this on evil bay for $925 BIN plus $25 shipping, with a starting bid of $850, so I feel that $900 shipped is fair here on TB.

This is an immaculate 2002 Peavey Cirrus 4 Tiger Eye .

I own a bunch of USA Cirrus, and this one is a tad wider at the base of the neck compared to my walnut '99. It makes this one REALLY GREAT for slap . It is just the right diameter that allows you to slap her hard and get that nice, thick, warm, r&b tone, just by the default of it's shape - and she loves it !

I have yet to see a Tiger Eye this nice going for under a grand.

I WILL consider trades for an earlier ('99 or so) walnut/wendge !!!!!! (Did I spell "wendge or wenge" correctly ?)

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Mike, hey what happened to the midsweep on this baby? All the quilt top tigers come with it.Did you remove it for some reason? Bump for a gorgeous bass. Joe

3. mb94952

Hey Joe,

Wow, as always it's an honor to be in the presence of the PEAVEY CIRRUS CLUB member #1 !

You know, after owning a Tiger Eye WITH the mid sweep, I decided that I didn't like that feature. It was just too sensitive for me and took me 4x as long to get a tone than with the "classic" single mid boost/cut.

When I saw this baby, it was already like this. Maybe it was built this way, but I HAD to have her. So, now you know the story.

To me, this is more user friendly than the stacked mid sweep.

I hope I didn't just open a can of worms to the mid sweep police !! ​

4. mb94952

2002 Peavey Cirrus Tiger Eye w/o mid sweep !! :D
    - Mike

Attached Files:

5. Thanks Mike,and the honor is mine sir.I was curious about that.Thanks for the explaination.She sure is a beauty.Best of luck selling her.I have a 2006 cirrus in Redwood with a Pao board I could trade ya.;) Thanks Joe

6. mb94952

I already own a 2002 alder/redwood/pao ferro ! I love it - I WOULD trade for a walnut/wenge BUT I just got a bill for back taxes owed, so I need the dough ! ​

7. Hmmmmm!!! Maybe I can buy another bass from Mike? He is an awesome person to deal with and one hell of a guy. I just purchased his maple on maple Cirrus 4 and it is the best playing bass ever!!! Peavey Cirrus is a serious bass for the pro player one of the best basses out there bar none. Quality and craftsmanship out the wazzu. I only let the bass outta my hands to type this!

8. mb94952

Hi Lanis !!
    You are too kind. I agree with you 100% ! OK 1000% ! The Cirrus is a "Cirr-ious" bass for the pro player and one of the best (THE best imho) basses on the market.

I KNOW you would LOVE this one. It has similiar characteristics to the maple/maple you own, but I think it plays even a little better. I default to slap techniquie on this bass because the minute you pick it up, something in the bass just makes your hands go there...

The tone is warm, and hearty, yet has the Cirrus signature voicings, like the crispy high end and booming low end.

I did the set up on it myself. (I NOW know how to !!) and the action and intonation are dead on.

Yes, Lanis, it has the DR Blackbeauties .40-.100 and not shown in the photos are the SAME custom knobs that you have, and that I put on ALL of my Cirrus's.

In a way I hope nobody buys this bass, but if you do, you will love it... ​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.